Bob Moore Frag swap

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am not sure what you mean by where did the swap go, I personally traded over $100 in corals and I talked to lots of other people (even the businesses) who traded lots of coral. You just have to ask! Also, there were at least as many hobbyist vendors as businesses, so it was not just for "outlets".
I traded as well and heard a lot of other people talking trades.

I was really impressed with the number of vendors there this year and all the raffle items. You must have raffled off a few thousand dollars worth of product. Again great job to the BOD of PSAS.

400 people in attendance and two want to be trolls and complain in this thread. Your loss. The fall frag swap where only 25-30 people show up might be more your speed. This event has grown from a small ideal as an event in a garage six years ago (My first event on the PSAS BOD) into an almost nationally recognized event. Boohoo on you for being such a downer on something so positive. Instead of learning something from our guest speaker and waiting in line for a $10, or free frag go ahead and pay $30 to $60 for the same thing. Our LFS appreciate your loyalty. I know I'll never sell you a frag and have you to my house.

There will always be Trolls. Its the new way of the internet. ;)

Also, there were at least as many hobbyist vendors as businesses, so it was not just for "outlets".
The outlets comment I think meant ELECTRICAL outlets. That is how I read it at least. I read 'people were grouped close together so that that had access to the electrical outlets in the room'

I left early with a couple bags of coral and the intent of coming back. Its was only about 10 minutes from me, so I didn't bring a cooler, with that plan in mind.
Tank had issues when I got home and didn't make it back, but I enjoyed it while I was there.

One suggestion for next year possibly? If displays had one of those 'take a number' things, it might free up some room around the tanks. If I could have grabbed a number, from each, then headed over to buy raffle tickets while I was waiting on my number, it might have freed up some space around the tanks. I completely missed one tank the first time through because I didn't even know it was there because of the line for a different tank.

400 people in attendance and two want to be trolls and complain in this thread. Your loss. The fall frag swap where only 25-30 people show up might be more your speed. This event has grown from a small ideal as an event in a garage six years ago (My first event on the PSAS BOD) into an almost nationally recognized event. Boohoo on you for being such a downer on something so positive. Instead of learning something from our guest speaker and waiting in line for a $10, or free frag go ahead and pay $30 to $60 for the same thing. Our LFS appreciate your loyalty. I know I'll never sell you a frag and have you to my house.

There will always be Trolls. Its the new way of the internet. ;)

Well said, well said!

well i had a great time there. good to see everyone there. it was a long day. i was there at 7:30 am to help set up and didn't leave until 5:00 pm. Devin and i got to go pick up Scott Fellman from unique corals from the airport. he is a super cool guy. i really liked listening to him talk about tanks. i think this Bob Moore frag swap was the biggest one i have been to. talking to Scott Fellman. he also said it was one of the biggest frag swaps he has been to. thank you to all the people that made this frag swap happen. lots of time spent the night before setting everything up. i know i went home with a 5 gallon bucket full of coral. again thanks to everyone that put this together.

You know there are people that without them this would not have been a success either. That is all the people who came to buy and those that came to even just see Scott Fellman. The participation from the hobbyists was phenomenal. It was great seeing so many people there. All the chairs in the auditorium area were full. It was amazing.

A BIG Thank you to all for coming out.

I was sad to miss most of the presentation by Scott, my wife and daughter were being grumpy about being hungry and I decided it was just easier to take them out to get a bit to eat than listening to them complain for another couple hours. I left them at Jack in the box for about 2 hours when I came back from the frag raffle :rofl:

I was sad to miss most of the presentation by Scott, my wife and daughter were being grumpy about being hungry and I decided it was just easier to take them out to get a bit to eat than listening to them complain for another couple hours. I left them at Jack in the box for about 2 hours when I came back from the frag raffle :rofl:

LOL... 2 hours at Jack in the Box. they probably werent real happy about that either.
should have just given them the car and sent them to the mall for a few hours and then come back to get you.

The best Bob Moore yet!! Brought my son for the first time and we had a great time! I enjoyed the extra space and having a the "holding pool" to keep my corals in. Even got a couple of nice free frags. Keep up the good work PSAS!!

Wow wow this is my second year attending the Bob Moore and let me tell you, what a great event I hope this place will be on next years budget it will be so cool to repeat he he he, lots of parking, grear vendors.
Mr Eric thanks for all the great work, also to everyone involved in the event
Thanks P.S.A.S you guys rock

What an impressive event!! I enjoyed myself quite a bit. Having exhibited last year and this year, the location was a slam dunk. It was so awesome seeing everyone again. And I enjoyed the warm welcome that coldwater got. And there was actually some coldwater swap happening. Maybe a first:)

The venue this year was top notch! Lots of space, great layout, and plenty of parking. Here's our booth (with Nemcrazy at the helm) at the Bob Moore if you didnt make it up :)

We had a big touch tank which everyone loved since most people don't readily let you man handle the corals they are trying to sell, lol. The octopus tank was a pretty big hit also, and he went to a new home afterwards :D People were taking pictures all day long, lots of great questions and coversations, went through a couple hundred business cards and even made a few bucks :D Donated a some bottles of pods to the PSAS for freebies.
1599872_682642745120555_436037289_o.jpg

Thxs everyone for coming!
Thxs for the donations and sponsership!
It was a long day but a good one.
Any constructive criticism is welcome.
Again, thxs everyone for coming
-d

Only constructive criticism I would have is the lay out for next time. Maybe moving the vendors that were right by the door back behind where the PSAS frags were at would help reduce the doorjam there was in the morning.

First Bob Moore, huge kudos to the people that put it together. :)

I didn't see much trading going on, maybe just not in the right places at the right time. So, I ended up just donating the 7 corals I brought for trading to the raffle. Most of the stuff I donated blended into the rest of the stuff, pink birdsnest, red montipora, brown acro with green polyps. I also contributed two montepora spongodes frags that were about the size of a quarter each, bright green coloration, they stuck out a bit among the rest of the frags. It was all stuff growing exceptionally well in my tank, so no biggie to donate it, hope it went to a good home. :)

Ended up bringing home the coralife 5800, a hydnophora, and a yellow scroll. Also picked up a cali tort, and orange chalice for cheap, so I'm happy. :)

Back