BobinCovington's new system "makeover"with sump stand, elos tank and...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I am going to pick up the elos tank tomorrow (Tuesday 7/15) and bring it home (finally) The guys at Barrier will help load it in the SUV and then I will bring it home that evening after work. If anyone can help me unload and get it in the house ...and is available (...and wants to work for wine or beer) I could use the help. My elbow is healing up and I am pretty sure I can lift it with one good arm and another strong person helping on the other end, but I don't want to trust "pretty sure" on this one. Probably only need 2 people and any spectators that just want to see it.

Just let me know with a PM or an email

I certainly appreciate anyone's help

Last edited:
Bob if you can make the move on wednesday I can definatley come over to help. I have a US Postal exam to take and will be off work that day. I will be available between 2 and 6pm. I'll pm you my number.

thanks, that's nice of you to offer, unfortunately, I will probably have to keep it scheduled for tomorrow. I'll figure out something. Worst case I'll just keep it in the back of my car an extra day

It is officially in my garage, took three of us to get it out of the car and onto the furniture dolly. Dang these little things are heavy. Yes the garage is a mess behind it.

But it looks even better sitting at my house.

Your garage looks a LOT neater then mine! I am lovin the new tank. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

The electrical panel is impressive. Kinda looks like NASA, mission control.

everything is looking great!!
this will be a fun system to work on for sure:)
yes, the NASA panel looks awesome installed...
there should be an abort button installed on the panel,
as well as a smiley face lite up button too...
you can pound on them when you feel agro at your tank...lol

...and those pics of me on page 3 have got to be the most unflattering pics of me ever posted anywhere...lol :cry::cry:

Last edited:
What kind of electrical panels are those? They look very high tech. And very impressive set up.

Chug a lala, chug a lala...whoo hoo!!!! I think I can, I think I can! ( oops, the mom in me is coming out!!!!) Very impressive Bob !!!!

Just saw Dons link, that set up is beautiful. Definitely a tank you want to measure twice and cut once in all aspects of the build.

Nice job Bob

Chad

Don stopped by with the stand this afternoon. It looks so much better than I hoped for. Beautiful red-heart maple turned into heirloom quality furniture in the hands of a craftsman. Don bought the whole tree this wood came from! The pictures do not do it justice.

36"x20" foot print. There is a cut out in the back for cords etc. The light hood is coming next, probably by the weekend.

Don I can't say enough

Attachments

• aquarium project 005.jpg
    aquarium project 005.jpg
    37 KB
Here is the tank: dimensions are 36"x20"x22" tall, sitting on the floor with the back now painted. The flash makes the lighter colors seem even lighter, but when it is full of water it will look better. The 1/2" thick glass just looks sweet (except for the fingerprints).

Attachments

• aquarium project 011.jpg
    aquarium project 011.jpg
    34 KB
This is the sump bench in the garage. Sump fits in there nicely and it will eventually have everything in and be clean looking. In the middle of this project, the bench also seems to be the place to set everything...what a mess in the second photo! The third photo shows the set of custom labels for the electrical panels (blue seas).

Mark modded the Sedra 7000 impeller on the Warner Marine AS150 skimmer and we put a larger, easier to control air valve on the air intake. Can't wait to see this skimmer suck air and produce some nice foam.

You're going to have a really nice setup there Bob. I'd love to see it some day, especially since you're so close to me.

Thanks, love to have you see it. When I get water flowing and some rock and sand in there, I might buy some beer, wine and some goodies and have an "open house" for a few people who want to see it on a Saturday.

mkay, i was skeptical about wooden furniture for an elos...

but that looks amazing!!!
the thought of a matching, hanging wood canopy to conceal your lumenarcs/t5's is damn slick,
and you can set it on the tank until your ready to hang for versitality.:idea:
awesome, were ready to plumb and fill with water:)
have you ordered any rock yet??

Back