Bricky's new Elos......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Oh Dang. You've struck a nerve. I've been dealing with Proline and Klause now for quite some time and I only ever heard how Klause forgot or didn't get the email. Now it's that he is on vacation and probably won't see the part for some time.

I had the same problem when I needed to order a dual air silencer for the second pump on the skimmer. That order took 5 months to receive. Now when I went to place the order for the replacement impellar from Proline Aquatics (master distributor for N. America), they assured me that they had processes in order so that the previous problem on ordering parts wouldn't happen again. Well that made me feel all warm and fuzzy for about 5 minutes. So, here we are at 6 months with no impellar and a bucket full of excuses.

The warranty on the pump is well past as it was the original from 5 years ago. I had heard that getting parts was difficult, but that was years ago and Proline wasn't in the picture. Well now I've had two experiences and they've both been frustrating at a minimum.

I'm tossing around the idea of getting rid of the BK, but at the same time want to keep it for a project that is haunting my mind lately. The BK and ATB working together on one tank would be sweet and allow me to go the size that I really want.

oh boy ,,did i just open a nasty can of worms(great info and FYI from the best skimmer in the world as one time),,,like i said the my RD 2500 ,,still kicking good guess what i still have my old becket- skimmer hooked up all cleaned as the original position,only think have to do it just turn the sw on,,,,
i do have that kinda feeling don't want to be with out skimmer for long time (just waiting for part to arrive),,holy smoking sh&^t...i will be going nut for sure...thank you for the BK FYI
maybe i will try out the ATB myself:D

Pics do NOT do this skimmer justice...It is a beast in person with plenty of bubbles in the chamber column.

:)

And yes, Matt, your Regal angelfish is doing great in my tank, in the middle of the pack for feeding, and appears to have gotten bigger..

I'd think i'd died and went to heaven with a tank like that, It rivals show tanks in Vegas. Looks great

Thanks for the compliment.

Once I get my new bags of Tropic Eden Reefflakes next week I'll see about getting some updated pictures of the tank for all of you.

this is an absolutely beautiful tank i would love to come over some time and check it out. and check out the fish room. i am going to be building a fish room in the near future and would love to see how everything is plumbed together for a better understanding

Back