Bricky's new Elos......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/mbricknell/Elos%20Corals/IMG_0001.mp4">

Last edited:
<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/mbricknell/Elos%20Corals/IMG_0002.mp4">

beautiful tank!!is that red mushrooms near the end of the video?its next to the purple rhodactis...very nice!

Those are red (I call them nuclear red because of their intense red color) mushrooms. They add a nice spot of color here in there in the tank.

Awesome tank!
Was the video taken with an iPhone? The format looks like it.

You're really close. I shot the video with my new iPod. Just wanted to see how the videos turned out when I posted them. The iPod really takes out the blue of the tank and makes it look more like a 10k tank from my perspective.

You have an amazing tank....just wow. How long has the tank been up and running?

Two years last month. I have been really slow to add corals and fish. That's why some are large, medium, and small (corals that is).

While picking up Matt's regal angelfish, I got to see Matt's system in person.

OMG !!! Pics do not do this tank (and setup) justice, absoultely amazing !!!

Well done..

Very impressive thread. Your setup appears very professional, and your results are breath taking.

Do you still have any macro algae in your fuge? Are you sold on carbon dosing for nitrate/phosphate export?

I do love the bacteria/carbon dosing. It just makes everything easy and does a great job of keeping things clean.

Speaking of clean. Check out my new (but used) ATB I picked up from Veralte Aquatics. It's a XL Cone Skimmer. Big is not even the best way to describe it.

What228.jpg

What229.jpg

Agreed...I saw this beast in person and the entire sump area is beyond huge, but clean.

So, I broke down after two and a half years and bought a chiller. I was having random losses after we had 100 degree days last year and once again this year. The tank was swinging from 75 at night to just above 80 during the day. That's too much.

The Teco TR60 (1hp) was what I chose to handle my tank's heat load. My Barrier Reef buddies have a couple of Teco chillers on client tanks and they've been solid for years (some 10+). I love the temp calibrate and dirty fan filter options on this chiller. Two year warranty isn't too bad either. Not as nice as the five year on a Tradewind, but it'll do.

I'll end up moving it outside for final placement, but I need to finish my landscape project first. So, here's where it sits until then. The unit is fed by a Eheim 1262.

Chiller.jpg

tank is looking awesome matt!!
truely one of the best systems in the entire northwest.

so how do you like the ATB xl cone body with 2700 pump on it as opposed to the bk 400 w/ 2 pumps?? (what, 1500's??) .....the ATB looks just sick

Thanks Mark.

The ATB simply rocks. I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it from Veralte aquatics. The BK has two 2500 Red Dragons, but I've been without one due to a broken impellar for nearly 6 months. That was also one of the reasons I picked up the ATB.

As of right now I'm really happy with the ATB and it's performance, but the BK can do the job too.

Thanks Mark.

The BK has two 2500 Red Dragons, but I've been without one due to a broken impellar for nearly 6 months.

how about the waranty on the RDpump?/,,did you get the replacment one??

i got one RD2500 running on BK suprMR,,so far so good yet:D

BTW,your new skimmer looking good:)

Oh Dang. You've struck a nerve. I've been dealing with Proline and Klause now for quite some time and I only ever heard how Klause forgot or didn't get the email. Now it's that he is on vacation and probably won't see the part for some time.

I had the same problem when I needed to order a dual air silencer for the second pump on the skimmer. That order took 5 months to receive. Now when I went to place the order for the replacement impellar from Proline Aquatics (master distributor for N. America), they assured me that they had processes in order so that the previous problem on ordering parts wouldn't happen again. Well that made me feel all warm and fuzzy for about 5 minutes. So, here we are at 6 months with no impellar and a bucket full of excuses.

The warranty on the pump is well past as it was the original from 5 years ago. I had heard that getting parts was difficult, but that was years ago and Proline wasn't in the picture. Well now I've had two experiences and they've both been frustrating at a minimum.

I'm tossing around the idea of getting rid of the BK, but at the same time want to keep it for a project that is haunting my mind lately. The BK and ATB working together on one tank would be sweet and allow me to go the size that I really want.

Back