Bryopsis cures?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I believe I use 4-5 gallons for my 375 gallon tank. I bought it online as it was much cheaper to buy in bulk.

I think I read on R2R where a guy had a filefish that ate it, but it also ate his zoanthids.

certain types on nudibranch and sea hares do eat it, but then will die as their main source of food (algae) is gone. then you have to worry about poisons being released into the tank by the hares or nudis, not worth it to me. :)

My seahare did die for sure, because I saw him while the algae was thriving, and once the algae was gone, he was too. I would have much preferred to remove and re-home him but could not find him. To my knowledge, no ill effects to the tank, however this could have been due to the large water volume of my system.

Nice I need to try this. I got some from a frag a while back and its been spreading to my overflow. Anyone know how much would I need to get for a 50gal?

Nice I need to try this. I got some from a frag a while back and its been spreading to my overflow. Anyone know how much would I need to get for a 50gal?

Before you do dose Tech M, you need a good test kit. I have found older test kits to be less accurate than new ones. So one that has been sitting on your shelf for a couple years might not be a great place to start when using over the recommended dosage levels.

Here is a chem calculator.

Reef Chemistry Calculator

On the sea hare note seems everyone I know who got one for algae control lost it almost immediately after the algae was gone. I know I wanted to rehome mine when I had it for the same reasons but it too disappeared after laying eggs that never hatched on my glass.

30% HD and 70% tank water....I think someone else posted this either here or in another thread. But that is the mixture.

Just be very careflu with Hydrogen perioxide, it is a super oxidizer and will kill most things it comes into contact with. As per dosing it, back in the old days we used to call it the poor mans ozone generator, as its effects are the same.

Mojo

I have used HP and tank water at the 30% to 70% rates as a dip only.
I would not use it as a tank treatment.

I would recomend it ONLY as a dip.

CougsKev,

Personally I would never use HP in my main tank, I just posted the link for additional information for those inclinced to use HP.

Kev if it were me I would go with the slow steady raising of the magnesium and then back the same way. This procedure has been done many times with sucess.

When it comes to ozone (and I have always used it and love it) you are in the battle of reducers vs oxidizers, this is a battle every tanks has going on inside it, if anyone one side of that battle wins your tank dies. So I personally do not like to play in that arena, yes a little screw to the oxidizers with ozone, but if you already do that and then increase it to deal with this, you might be getting alot closer to the line you do not want to cross.

Mojo

Back