BubbleMax 2500 bubble plate protien skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That skimmer is going to perform the same as an octo nw skimmer. It uses the same pump's. The janky otp pump's. Looks like the second octopus extreme version with the onng bp's. I'd pass on it.

That skimmer is going to perform the same as an octo nw skimmer. It uses the same pump's. The janky otp pump's. Looks like the second octopus extreme version with the onng bp's. I'd pass on it.

I went and looked at the thing yesterday at Aquarium Paradise. I had to go buy some brine shrimp otherwise I wouldn't have, anyway. It's not the same pump that my nw-150 has. It's not the same size at least. From her description it's not the same gph and the sticker had the name aqua 2500. The build quality is pretty crappy though, imo. The seams have a lot of bubbles.

I have not looked at it myself so we are going today to look at it. I know a little buit more about skimmers then my boyfriend does so i would like to look at it myself.

The pump says aqua 2500?

The pump says aqua 2500?

If I remember right. They are sitting on a table with several other skimmers sitting around them? There is one bigger one and a smaller one that looks just like it only about 3/4 of the size. I'm assuming that's the 1500 model.

I've seen them. They look like most other DIY skimmers. Obviously they are not mass produced so the price is going to be higher. Beats the usual junk you see at AP. I don't think "real" reefers are their(AP) preferred market anyways.

Don

I spent a little time playing with this skimmer with Lonzo last night. Contrary to assumptions the skimmer performs well. The bubble plate design is great. Microbubble output is non existant. Build quality is so so. The tube is extruded so when the plates are welded in place they craze the body. Not sure if that will be an issue down the road or not. The neck is just a push on with a nice fat seal instead of a little oring. If Lonzo didn't mark them up so high they would probably be a great skimmer.

Don

We got ours a couple days ago. But we have seen it working at A.P. And it looked like it was doing a great job. And we got it at a great price so we couldnt say no.

uggg...
the better made, better venturi/pw octo-150 I posted was actually cheaper than what you paid for that... :(
but good luck to you, i hope it works wonderfully.

Last edited:
We didnt pay much for it al,l so for the price we got couldnt go wrong even if it is a POS. lol

Im def gonna be picking up one of those SWC Xtreme 200. Those skimmers are plug and play no feed line needed right ? Thing seems like the best buy (or the 250).

I have the SWC 250 and it is unbelievable..
So much neck goo I have over 1/8 per week..
on a 190 total volume medium bio load heavy feed.

Back