Bum chiller or just high of expectations?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So I talked to Aqualogic today, no ranting but a fair amount of bitching :badgrin: . The long and short of it is that if it is working and not dropping the temperature enough Than its too small. They said that there are too many variables that add heat to a reef tank which is why the temperature pull down of 15 degrees on 250g is with no lights, or pumps (makes me wonder how the run the chiller on those systems?).

They said that they recommend a generic cutting of those numbers in half on reef tanks - as in it will pull down 125g 15degrees below ambient temperature. Unfortunately, as he said, LFS don't always provide the best information :eek: . However, they also don't do anything to help like putting that on the website, which of coarse I checked before I purchased, or in there manuals.

On a side note my house with no AC actually stays cooler than out side temps. While the chiller was running in a 90degree house it was actually 96 outside so I would lose more efficiency by having it outside ( at least until about 7pm)

So I guess that I am in the market for a new chiller - YEA!

Back