cal/alk question????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

what the bad thing is i have never checked my ph before the lights have come on. Its always been when the lights have been on for a few hours and i would always get the 8.2... Now i checked it before the lights were on and there was a big drop i got scared and then thats when this thread started :)Now i know that the ph drops off over night so it should be ok now...

day 3 test

1st day

ph 8.2

alk 6.7

cal 310

2nd day

ph 7.8

alk 7.0dkh

cal 350ppm

3rd day

ph 7.8

alk 8.0 dkh

cal 360

Im going to does with just the cal tomorrow morning and hope it will get to 400 or around there...

well i tested again and here are the numbers

ph 7.8

alk 8.0dkh

cal 380 ppm

this is before the lights come on. I added 1 cap full and a half of cal today to get the cal up to 400...looks like i will be on my way i hope...Is 380 good enough for the cal or does it need to be 400-450???

well i tested again and here are the numbers

ph 7.8

alk 8.0dkh

cal 380 ppm

this is before the lights come on. I added 1 cap full and a half of cal today to get the cal up to 400...looks like i will be on my way i hope...Is 380 good enough for the cal or does it need to be 400-450???

Id go all the way up to 400 this will leave you room for error.

Don

Finally i got the stuff where it needs to be :).. Now the fun thing is to keep it there... Here is a question really fast..What if the cal drops and the alk stays the same and the ph stays the same. Its ok to just dose the tank for cal right??? I know it may sound like a dumb question but i had to ask..

ph 8.2
cal 410ppm
alk 8.0dkh

Finally i got the stuff where it needs to be :).. Now the fun thing is to keep it there... Here is a question really fast..What if the cal drops and the alk stays the same and the ph stays the same. Its ok to just dose the tank for cal right??? I know it may sound like a dumb question but i had to ask..

ph 8.2
cal 410ppm
alk 8.0dkh

Dose whatever it takes to keep it in balance. Wether its just ca or just alk it doesnt matter. Keep tracking it for awhile. Ph has nothing to do with dosing two part, just keep an eye on.

Don

well its been about 2 weeks and im dosing cal 2 times a week. im dosing the alk 1 time a week. Here is my question my ph gets down to 7.8 every night and then it goes back to 8.2. I know there is a drop during the night is that a big drop off?

well its been about 2 weeks and im dosing cal 2 times a week. im dosing the alk 1 time a week. Here is my question my ph gets down to 7.8 every night and then it goes back to 8.2. I know there is a drop during the night is that a big drop off?

Less is better but your fine.

Don

Back