Calcium reactor media, Which to use?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

good question - I'm not sure who makes it. I buy it from Premium Aquatics. They actually refer to it as Coral Sand and state it's made for the Schuran reactor.

Yea shuran calls it coral sand to. It kinda look like filings taken out of a solid chunk of sand???

are they very light?
can you crush them with your fingers?
and when they dissolve do they just reduce in size or do they come apart first???

thanks for the help

Mike

Actually for the size of the pieces they actually weight more than they look so yeah they are relatively heavy. Also, no way you could crush them with your fingers....well I'm sure some could but I can't easily. Each chuck is relatively dense. When the media dissolves it reduces and size and it's very clean. The inside of my reactor is still relatively clean and I've been running the media for 3 months now (I think). There is hardly any dust at the bottom of the reactor and the reactor does not have a sponge.

Matt
mojoreef said:
Yea shuran calls it coral sand to. It kinda look like filings taken out of a solid chunk of sand???

are they very light?
can you crush them with your fingers?
and when they dissolve do they just reduce in size or do they come apart first???

Back