Canon RebelXT learning curve

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Funny how this thread went all techy all of a sudden. :)

Krish, congrats on the new camera! I've shot just over 8,000 photos through mine now, and it still never gets old. Even beyond the tank... I don't bother paying for shopping mall photo studio baby shots any more, I take them myself, under my own circumstances, and control them how I'd like.

Tank shots? Of course!
Baby shots? Check!
Family shots? Check!
Vacation shots? Check!

All world class stuff. I have so many shots of Paige that I'll never have a chance to grab again. (She's growing up in front of the camera). I have countless memories saved from when I went to Hawaii. I had a Thread of the Month over at that other forum (cough... rc... cough...) about the Georgia Aquarium because of this camera. I owe so much to having a real camera. Sometimes my family gives me a lot of crap. "Do you ever get tired of lugging around that big ol' camera?"

"Sure, but I never get tired of always 'getting the shot.'"

Absolutely no regrets, Krish. You're going to love this! Next step is either a tri-pod (though your boxes will always work for tank shots, and I did that for years), or an upgrade lens after the macro. Also, it's already been mentioned, but there's absolutely no substitute for that Canon 100mm macro. Nobody else can touch it for the price.

So... let's see some more.

OH! And this is your best friend:

www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons

Thanks Jason!:) I actually found a tripod and the remote for the camera today which I will order as soon as I see which macro lens my wife's cousin has. They don't use it so if it is a good one, I may buy it off of them seeing it is brand new. If is not the 100mm macro lens, then I'll have to order that one:D

Quick Question and new update!

Question: With my old Nikon, if I took a picture and then viewed it on the camera, I was able to zoom that picture in and re-save the close up as well. Anyone know how to do that with my new camera or will I only be able to do that with a program as I don't see anywhere in the manual to do it???

Update: I bought a tripod today and took some pics! Will post some later:)

Back