Car pictures

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WOW! $5K for a stroked short block. I cannot believe that Ford uses the 351 Windsor platform for these motors. I would've thought that Ford would use the Cleveland platform becuase of the Clevelands large ports and oversize canted valves give it more horsepower and allow it to run at a higher rpm than the Windsor.

Very nice motor either way you look at it. :D Can I ask why did you opt to buy rather than build your own? Cracked block or just going bigger?

Actually the windsor platform is the most ideal. BUT the BOSS block is actually much better and much different than a normal Windsor block. With respect to your comment about the Clevelands...the Cleveland does breathe better and can produce more torque...but that's compared from stock Cleveland to stock Windsor. As far as superior breathing goes, aftermarket Windsor heads easily take care of that issue. The Cleveland stock blocks are insanely heavier and bulkier than the Windsors, so they really are not ideal to handle this kind of a build(weight wise). What the Cleveland does have is strength over the stock Windsor. The stock iron that Ford used was at a hardness scale of 30,000 which is decent...but really just decent. NASCAR racing blocks are at a hardness scale of 60,000 which is really heavy in nickel alloy and such...but WAY overkill for my purpose. The BOSS block is a brand new block built by Ford for racing and severe abuse that comes in at a hardness scale of 41,000. Plus it is has 4 bolt caps and the outer bolts are splayed(angled) which is much stronger than any big block ever had to offer. Really, in comparison, you could stroke a Cleveland and a Windsor out to 427 and they would be virtually equal as far as power output; however due to strength of this block and weight, the Windsor will run circles around Mr. Cleve. There are some things that this block takes from the education that Cleveland gave us though; specifically the main rod journals. Cleveland journals are 2.75(~2.749) which is much superior to strength and durability. So really, the reason why this block is so expensive is that it takes the best of both worlds and combines them into one bitchin BOSS engine! As far as me building it...well, I could build it...but I would never have it on the road by summer to enjoy. I'd rather have a warranty and dyno-tune as well as a professional install to relax my nerves. Plus the previous engine only put out 535hp at the crank(~430rwhp)...this will be 600+crank and 530+rwhp. I want to make sure I get it right ;)

Finally got to work on the cabby this last weekend.

2011-03-13180810_Tacoma_Washington_US.jpg

Looks pretty bare in there now haha

2011-03-13185011_Tacoma_Washington_US.jpg

only thing left to do is unhook the cv's (waiting on my friend to bring me the 12 point star bolt i need haha) and the shift linkage and she will pull right out and go into my autobody shop.

And freakinreefin that thing is going to be a bosssss!!!! haha

hahhaa i knew it was a torx but just kept calling it a metric torx. thought i would just go with a 12 point cause you cant go wrong with numbers hahaah (unless you count wrong)

should be fun now. ha only thing i dont like is im not an inch off the ground any more :( haaha but it should be worth it

Almost done with the friends car. Worked on the rolling and pulling the fenders the last two days to get the fitment just right. hw was poking waaayyy to hard before' as he is 16x8.5 with a zero offset.

front is super flush. needs a tiny bit more pulling and it should be perfect.
FxCam_1300405922626.jpg

FxCam_1300401910384.jpg

Flush
FxCam_1300402033214.jpg

soo flared out in the back now ahaha
FxCam_1300401998902.jpg

and a full pic. the back looks soo beatly now. I cant belive he trusted me with his car hahah. now its time for grinding, bondo, ALOT of sanding and paint.
FxCam_1300407533067.jpg

Almost done with the friends car. Worked on the rolling and pulling the fenders the last two days to get the fitment just right. hw was poking waaayyy to hard before' as he is 16x8.5 with a zero offset.

Is that your workplace or school?

School.. wow if I only looked back a few pages. Awesome you get to do that, wish my friends were still in school get my drivers side rear fender fixed.

Last edited:
Is that at Lake Washington Tech or Renton Tech?

Very nice body work on the fender BTW. :D

Is that at Lake Washington Tech or Renton Tech?

Very nice body work on the fender BTW. :D

Bates Tech actually in Tacoma

and which fender?hahah i did them all. i havent even started the body work either that was just done by a metal tube about 3" stuck inbetween the tire and fender and roller back and forth. (for those that dont know what rolling fenders is)

Last edited:
got the free powdercoating job for a fish tank i had. going to color match them to the top. just a quick photoshop :) haha
j-1.jpg

thought i would give an up date and keep this going.

took the rims in to get powder coated should be done in about a week.
2011-03-31102342_Tacoma_Washington_US.jpg

The new "Stance" ahahah
2011-04-02113233_Tacoma_Washington_US.jpg

And the big update. after alittle help from my dad (even though he and I know about cars exactly the same, nothing at all ahhaah, and he was supposed to go on a ride today) we got the motor finallly out of my car.
2011-04-03130023.jpg

need to get to work shaving and mocking everything up for my new motor thats going in. decided to ditch the vr idea and have decided to go turbo :)
2011-04-03171512.jpg

The kind of car pics that you don't really wish you had. :doh: *lol* Got popped this last weekend on vacation and my wife decided we should Kodak the moment. :sorry: Mr. Officer, I was just flying low and set to auto pilot. :D

You can tell my wife gave me a whole lot of you know what for getting popped. She was lovin' every minute.

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

What a bummer.....She was loving it wasnt she. Not gonna hear the end of it for a while. Too bad you weren't driving that new camaro. Would have really been worth it then.

Haha!! That's why you need atleast 800hp so that you can just lose them :p

BTW, speaking of Speed, Fast 5 comes out this month (fast and furious 5)! :D

did some more work yesturday in getting the dash out to help completely clear out the engine bay.
2011-04-08183801_Tacoma_Washington_US.jpg

and the rims are done :whoo:
0408111654.jpg

looking like i actually did something in there now lol
2011-04-12074254_Tacoma_Washington_US.jpg

And for those who saw the rims and thought they were white. here they are after i got them to my house they still look white but they are just about the same color as my top which is what i was going for;) pretty happy with the out come. look better then they did primer ahah:D
2011-04-11171053_Tacoma_Washington_US.jpg

And here they are tucked away in my room keeping them clean. put the center caps in too take a pic and it really shows the true color almost.
2011-04-12074706_Tacoma_Washington_US.jpg

engine bay is mostly done and cleaned up just need to get my 1.8t to start mocking everything up.
2011-04-23104532.jpg

rims rims rims ahah. i need some spacers i know but i dont have any more rooom. i have to get smaller tires before i start poking as i really have no strech. but the color is close enough for me cant wait to see it on the ground.:D
2011-04-23104741.jpg

2011-04-24151131.jpg

god i need spacers:facepalm:
2011-04-24151152.jpg

thanks im hopeing i made the right decsion. It was either get a new top to match the black wheels but then the interior would clash or match the rims to the top. It should look pretty clean and simple this way and it stays OG:D ahah

Back