Carlos 60 gallon new tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Next fishes dilema

I will be getting my next 2 fishes soon and I can't decide which ones I should get first. The options are:

- Purple Firefish
- Royal Gramma
- Banggai Cardinal
- Carpenter Wrasse

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND!!! :eek:

Well I noticed that the Banggai Cardinal is not very popular here LOL but I really like the fish so I am going to give it a try.

That Blue Assessor looks awesome, does anybody have any experience with them?

Keep the fish suggestions coming!

Last edited:
uhh dood, have you thought about a mimic lemonpeel tang ?
they look freaking awesome !!! :D ..you'd need a bigger tank later when he gets older but seriously they look so freaking pretty that i wish i could keep one :( .

Very pretty fish Gaby, I still have to decide what Tang to get but it's going to be the last fish added to my tank.

By the way, I always liked the Flame Angelfish but I've heard that the nip at corals, is that true?

I would think there are a few star fish that are reef safe. You may need to start a new thread to get more feedback though. :)

By the way, I always liked the Flame Angelfish but I've heard that the nip at corals, is that true?

you never know but i've seen a few in reefs .
i'd go with a coral beauty if you really want an angel

I was wondering if there is any kind of star fish that is reef safe? I think they are so cool looking.

many startfishes need a mature tank dood otherwise they just starve and die , i think for your tank if i was you i'd get a brittle starfish (again it needs a mature tank) but i'd make sure i feed it from time to time since the tank is new.

Congrats on the new set-up looks like your getting ready for the big $wipe out but it's well worth it 60g is a nice start I started with a 75g acyrillic.

New fish!

Tonight I went to check the only LFS around that I really like. They got a new shipment Today with lots of really nice stuff including a beautiful Sunburst Anthia. My wife was so excited about it that I could not resist so I bought it. I am setting up my QT Tonight to be ready for the new guy. :doubt:

I know it was very impulsive, I am terrible! :(

Last edited:
After reading a lot about Zoo's, I decided not to get any since I am not really comfortable with the idea of having Palytoxin in my tank.

I also decided to make my tank sps dominated so I was wondering which sps corals would be good to start?

Your sump idea looks good Carlos! Almost exactly how mine was and I had no issues. As for the SPS's, not sure which one to go with. I've never personally had SPS's:)

Back