Carpet tank build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I should be feeding mysis but since this was an unexpected purchase I've been doing the gut loaded brine. I should have mysis here soon. And in a week or two they should be graduating to frozen mysis. Which will be much easier.

wow those carpets are pretty. i would like to get a few of them to put into my anemone garden

Haddoni do great around maxi minis. And Kevin xenia is very resilient to the carpet stings. These xenia are the blue pulsing xenia. The colors vary depending on light levels. More light equals light purple and less light equals dark blue/purple. This tank runs without a sump or a protein skimmer. Filtration is by green red purple black and yellow sponge! Only two water changes in 6 months. Lol I know... I'm crazy:p

OK so I want to update with some of the goodies I picked up Friday at the barrier sale. I wanted to show pics of the green carpet with the yellow gorgonian, and the derasa clam! I have to hand it to Cy, what a wonderful owner to work with. Big props:) here are the pics:)
20140412_124425.jpg

Very nice buddy and I agree with you Cy is awesome he knos how to run a business that's why I'm going tomarrow and see what's left for me lol

Actually I already had the green guy:) I love how much color the sponge and the gorgonian bring to the tank. And I love the clam! My daughter picked it out. Here are the pics I promised and not just a link. Maybe some video in a bit:)

Attachments

• 20140412_124440.jpg
    20140412_124440.jpg
    57.7 KB
That was a great time yesterday! Haydyn and I always look forward seeing everyone. Mike your tank was truly spectacular!

But about the carpet I actually I already had the green guy:) I love how much color the sponge and the gorgonian bring to the tank. And I love the clam! My daughter picked it out. Here are the pics I promised and not just a link. As a side note I had all my caulerpa go sequel and cloud over my tank. Well its clear today. I don't have a protein skimmer or mechanical filter. Just tons of sponge and now a clam. Maybe some video in a bit:)

Back