Chad's 125g reef project

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It was nice meeting you too Mike. Everything seems to be doing fine. Some Polyps were out on the Rose Mille the same night I put it in there.

So today one of my crazy clown fish decided that it wants to host my Zoas. At first they would close up when he would rub up on them, now they stay open. What a mentally ill fish.

Crazy_Clown.jpg

Steven just needs to see updates since he is too lazy to drive over and look at the tank his damn self. I'll throw some pictures up when I get home of my frag tank. :)

Update

Ok...so here are some updated pictures.

Left
Left_11_3.jpg

Middle
Middle_11_3.jpg

Right
RightSide_11_3.jpg

Close up of Zoanthids on the left hand side....I have a large rock with pink palys but those aren't in this pic....they grow like crazy so I had to seperate them from the other zoas.
Zoanthids.jpg

Frag I picked up from Tracy. Was in his frag tank...coloring up a little and growing some new branches.
TracyFrag.jpg

Some Rics from...again something that may look familiar to Tracy. (His memory is going so you never know. :))
RicordiaTracy.jpg

Growth shot of my Pink Birdsnest I picked up from Dang a little while back.
Birdsnest_11_3.jpg

Some Green Sylaphora (sp?) I got from Dang last weekend.
SylaphoraDang.jpg

Another frag from Dang.
DangFrag4.jpg

And another... (Blue Slimer? Its almost an ice blueish purple color)
DangFrag3.jpg

And another... (Green with blue tips)
DangFrag.jpg

At the moment I have something like 18 SPS frags, some Zoas, Xenia, a Toadstool leather, some rics, and frogspawn. Now I just need to hit fast forward on the corals and turn them into some colonies.

My next purchases will be another Halide, then I'll be in the market for a calicium reactor set-up.

What :shock:. Did you & steven take them when I wasnt looking. Thats it you guys cant bring your wifeswith you anymore.
You guys are running a scam. I'm on to you.
PS looking good.

Figured I would throw up a few pictures this month. Its crazy how some of these corals have grown so much faster lately. It will be nice once I get a calcium reactor but that will happen after the first of the year. I just ordered a 3rd metal halide that should be here this week. Anyways here we go:

Tank Shot 1
TankShot1.jpg

Tank Shot 2
TankShot2.jpg

Full Tank Shot (Cant wait for the 3rd halide to get rid of that shadow....and increase my light.)
FullTank.jpg

Zoanthids filling out after I fragged them.
ZoanthidsTrio.jpg

Pink Palys growing like weeds
PinkPalysClose.jpg

Couple more frags I recently picked up.
PlateDang.jpg

Rainbow.jpg

Yeah, the girlfriend understood that christmas lights dont exist on reefs but I didn't have a good arguement on how the tinsel would affect the fish. :)

Give and take..IF this makes her happy and in return you are able to place anything you want in the tank. Then so be it. :D

Chad - how is your tank doing?

Still holding water.
Still have these strange things swimming around that dont eat frozen food or cyclopseze.

Actually...everything is doing fine with the exception of my mushroom leather....think its on its last leg. Last weekend I picked up a Blue Tip Acro colony from Barrier...had to move some stuff around to accomodate it. I'll have to take some pics before I start messing with things here pretty soon.

Tank Progress

Ok, time for an update.

So 3 days after my last update I was rear ended by a Ford Expedition doing about 35 mph while I was stopped. Had to go through physical therapy, etc. During that time I kinda toned things down on my tank maintenance since my back, neck, and sholders were messed up. My skimmer stopped skimming, my phosban reactor pump died, pyramidellid snails started killing off my snails, aglaes bloomed, and the rest is history. Since setting up my tank I have delt with my fair share of unfortunate situations. I pulled out a 4 ft ribbon worm, and about 7 or so crabs. (1" or larger) Finally having my fill of all this and facing the death of my corals I decided to do something drastic. I set up a 40 breeder to house my corals, broke down the 125, and boiled my live rock. In the process of boiling my live rock I found a baby ribbon worm about 8" long, 4 crabs, and this bad boy:

worm01.jpg

worm02.jpg

So here is what I am running at the moment until I can get my 125 back up. No matter what the set back I will beat it!!

I built this stand, made the baffles, and durso's.
40breeder01.jpg

Close up of the tank with frag rack.
40breeder02.jpg

Overflow compartment. I am doing an over the top return, dual 1" drains so it can handle my mag 12 as a return. In the middle you'll notice a brace just to make sure the overflow baffle doesn't fail.
40breeder03.jpg

Everything all set-up. Some of my corals were doing pretty bad, however now everything seems happy and making a come back.
40breeder04.jpg

I used the refugium w/live rock from my 125 so the tank wouldn't have a cycle.
40breeder05.jpg

Main sump with skimmer.
40breeder06.jpg

Overflow running, handling around 1,000 gph. Dead quiet.
40breeder07.jpg

Hopefully I'll have everything back up shortly. I had to give up my Mural Sifter Goby to a good home with Steven. Thankfully reefman069 was able to give my Sailfin Tang a good home. So overall I had to give 2 fish new homes and have only lost 1 coral. Overall I can deal with that.

Back