• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Changes?????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Awe man, I hate when that happens LOL! It is like Poof and then Crap! :noidea:

Kinda of a funny ending to the story. After the very loud BANG, I noticed a yellow tag attached to the underside of the bottom of the tank.(had to scrape some crud off the bottom of the tank to see what it said)

WARNING ALL SIDES ARE TEMPERED DO NOT DRILL!!!

Crap

Personally, I have no complaints about my tank, stand and sump, all from OBD in the past 6 months:

Now as for all the aiptasia in the fish tanks... I was surprised when the BBQ was over all those berghia didn't go straight in the tanks!

Personally, I have no complaints about my tank, stand and sump, all from OBD in the past 6 months:

Now as for all the aiptasia in the fish tanks... I was surprised when the BBQ was over all those berghia didn't go straight in the tanks!

Is that an ATO tank built into the front of the sump?

Don

Beautiful setup Monkey!!

I dont want this to be a case of who did what or when things happened an so on, So I will just say this. We started Strong and it faded from their, now we are going to work to make it better then it ever has been in the past. We have some exciting things coming down the pipe and once done I think folks will like it alot.

Mojo

This doesnt seem like the way to go about it.

We all know what kind of service and quality of live stock that is wanted by fellow hobbyist.
Once the store is back up and running, I think a list of what people are looking for is a good idea.
I dont think its appropriate to dwell on or bash the way it had been run in the past.
Lets move just move forward.

I know it is very hard to start a new business, try and figure out what will seel and what won't. Having that many tanks going through the cycling and trying to manage a budget to keep in stock what is going to sell. Also you have to work with suppliers that are not use to working with you and aren't quite committed to your business yet. It is tough to start a new store and make a go of it. I think with time and they take everyone's suggestions as constructive criticism, things will get better and can become one of the best stores in the area.

Is that an ATO tank built into the front of the sump?

Don

Why, yes. Yes it is. Right around 9 gallons of ATO reservoir with eurobracing all around and two covers.

Another sump was built shortly after mine, same outside dimensions, but the ATO reservoir on the right side instead. He got a smaller reservoir but larger refugium and skimmer sections in trade. I'm not sure how he's going to fill that, though.

Speaking of changes ..... OBD is looking for a web developer to help us redesign the site! Give us a call or email Jessica at [email protected]

Yep lots of changes coming down the pipe. So phase one is breaking down every system and doing a top down clean and redo to get them clean and rid of all the pests and so on. So if I get through this one we will start phase two.

Mike

1405053_566552816750362_1155539276_o.jpg

So are you finally going to get some better stock? No offense but I was never thrilled with anything I saw in the tanks. Thanks were dim and kinda nasty. Corals were blah. Just not what I expected when I saw the store being built. I'm an avid zoa collector and I never once saw a zoa that I even thought about buying and you had quite a few of them.

Hopefully you can get the store turned around. The tanks being built are some of the nicest I've ever seen. Can't wait to see some high quality livestock coming out of there!

Now that the door has been open....
Anybody else have any opinions or concerns of how service, livestock, or product has been at OBD in the past 6mos. or so???
Now would be a good time to get it out.
I am sure it would be helpful in the future planning of the store.

Mike,

Didn't intend to bash. Just wanted to ask the questions. Hopefully you didn't take it in an offensive way.

I'm super excited for the new start and would love to offer some help if you need it. I've always wanted to be apart of an LFS.

Eddie

BTW are you completely closed right now? I stopped by yesterday and nobody was around at just before noon. I noticed the hours were 12-? but not sure if you even are opening right now.

They are closed on Wednesdays and Sundays, according to their website and a previous post made by them several months ago

Mike,

Didn't intend to bash. Just wanted to ask the questions. Hopefully you didn't take it in an offensive way.

I'm super excited for the new start and would love to offer some help if you need it. I've always wanted to be apart of an LFS.

Eddie

No I didnt take it that way at all Eddie. Just wanted to let folks know that we dont want to look back anymore just forward. But in saying that I am wide open for peoples thoughts and ideas on what they might want to see us do or improve upon also, so all things like that I am always open to.

We are currently closed on Wednesday and Sunday but that is going to change after this weekend to closed on Monday and Wednesday but we will do an announcement for that. On the helping hands....ALWAYS open for a hand here and their, lol

I just got back from OBD and Mike and his minions are hard at it, cleaning the tanks, setting up quarantine and implementing new ideas and inventory. I feel that he will turn this around and strongly urge everyone to pay them a visit. They aren't quite ready yet, but they are getting there. GO MIKE GO!

I'm not up for a full web site redesign type thing, but if you are looking for some help here and there, or with little things, I'd be happy to lend a hand. email my username at comcast.net if you'd like to talk about it. (software/web for coming up on 20 years now) I know your working with PHP, which isn't my strongest skill, but in the end its all a lot the same...

I'm glad you guys went ahead and did what needed to be done. The only other thing I could think of is to have LIDS! I tried getting a pair of true percs from OBD and on the day before I went to pick them up one of the two decided to go carpet surfing, boy did that suck when I arrived and heard about it :/

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be in the area and stop by.

Back