• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Changes?????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

heres an idea. how about put up a board so your customers can write up there what they are looking for. then you will know what to order?

So are you finally going to get some better stock? No offense but I was never thrilled with anything I saw in the tanks. Thanks were dim and kinda nasty. Corals were blah. Just not what I expected when I saw the store being built. I'm an avid zoa collector and I never once saw a zoa that I even thought about buying and you had quite a few of them.

Hopefully you can get the store turned around. The tanks being built are some of the nicest I've ever seen. Can't wait to see some high quality livestock coming out of there!

Now that the door has been open....
Anybody else have any opinions or concerns of how service, livestock, or product has been at OBD in the past 6mos. or so???
Now would be a good time to get it out.
I am sure it would be helpful in the future planning of the store.

Anybody else have any opinions or concerns of how service, livestock, or product has been at OBD in the past 6mos. or so???

Ya I do. The fish tanks and coral tanks are atrocious, filthy and embarrasing. Fish stock is low, corals are covered in pests!!

How about that one?????

Answer: All stock is being moved, tanks are being bleeched and scrubbed and re cycled. Once that is done I will do my best to stuff them with stock. Its a start over right now in my book and I do apologize that it got this bad, wont ever go down that road again.

Mike

Yep lots of changes coming down the pipe. So phase one is breaking down every system and doing a top down clean and redo to get them clean and rid of all the pests and so on. So if I get through this one we will start phase two.

Mike

so are the pests officially gone now?

is it safe to bring children into the store?

Now would be a good time to get it out.
I am sure it would be helpful in the future planning of the store.

This doesnt seem like the way to go about it.

We all know what kind of service and quality of live stock that is wanted by fellow hobbyist.
Once the store is back up and running, I think a list of what people are looking for is a good idea.
I dont think its appropriate to dwell on or bash the way it had been run in the past.
Lets move just move forward.

This doesnt seem like the way to go about it.

We all know what kind of service and quality of live stock that is wanted by fellow hobbyist.
Once the store is back up and running, I think a list of what people are looking for is a good idea.
I dont think its appropriate to dwell on or bash the way it had been run in the past.

Lorie,
You are absolutely right.
I apologize if I have offended anybody with my post.
I was just trying to help give the store some insight on what the customers would like to see in the future.
It was not my intention to bash how the store was ran the past 6 mos. or so.

True peppie and Lorie. I've always supported my local stores threw thick and thin. I will continue to support my local stores and reefers.

I know everyone wants the o so hot coral of the month. Most times when a type of coral becomes in demand the wholesaler will jack the price sky high making it almost impossible to obtain or sell for that matter.

We missed you at MACNA
Missed you guys to, just bad timing and way to far this year.

so are the pests officially gone now?

Getting thier, we are down to one coral tank that is still pretty bad, We did a start over on one of the coral tanks and one side of the fish system, going after the other side today.

Agreed what has happened in the past should stay in the past. We at OBD are just going to try and work as hard as we can to move the store forward the way we did when the doors first opened.

MIke

Well said Mike, I do not live there anymore, but wish I did. There are so many great stores up there, and really miss them. Anyone can get a great deal on the internet, it is the other side of the house that makes the difference, being able to talk to someone that is knowledgable, and willing to help.

I really think changes need to be made on the process of how OBD drills glass tanks.

OOppsss

Sorry bud.

Peppie, glass tank, drill bit, = Bad idea

Dam peppie I can do that LOL, I'm just glad it is you that has to tell Mike and not me.:brick:

Last edited:
Dam preppie I can do that LOL, I'm just glad it is you that has to tell Mike and not me.:brick:

Kinda of a funny ending to the story. After the very loud BANG, I noticed a yellow tag attached to the underside of the bottom of the tank.(had to scrape some crud off the bottom of the tank to see what it said)

WARNING ALL SIDES ARE TEMPERED DO NOT DRILL!!!

Crap

55 gallon. Anyone have a 55? PM me 48" wide. Not tempered

No fun. Been there and done that. Drilled almost all the way through before the pane of glass exploded. Scares the crap out of me every
time I break a piece of glass on accident.

Big changes at OBD? YOU BETCHA!!!!

When you have a pest problem its best to bring in the professionals! Reef Pest Solutions will be working alongside OBD to help tear down and create healthy and beautiful systems that their customers deserve!

c5295f_0452af3f134b0e886dba2ab927911147.jpg_srz_505_185_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Back