Cheap carbon?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi Slickdonkey.

THat is a good choice. It is certainly one of the best carbon out there.

Let me check on the shipping and see if I can get it cheaper from them. I tend to order a lot of stuff...for aquaculturing fish.

Best,
Ilham

Sounds good Ilham. No hurry on this, I'd just like to have it on hand.

I saw they had a discount for 3+ bags, but that's a lot of carbon!

Hey Guys,

If I looked into getting Marine Lands Black Diamond carbon CHEAP, will this work for many of you?

Also, please let me know what additives you use. I am looking to carry some basic supplies that I think most reef hobbyists would use. Please tell me what additives, test kits and food you use. I am planning on being pretty competitive on price so please help me help you.

Best Wishes,
Barry Katz
(800) 764-0884
(425) 761-6303
[email protected]

Barry, that works for me. I'm looking for a hefty quantity, i.e. at least 20 pounds. BTW are you able to get salt?

You probably don't remember but I met you briefly on one of the tank tours a few months ago. Nice setup you have down there, too bad traffic precludes me getting to Renton very often.

If one of the LFS in your area is interested, maybe we could work out something on ROWAcarbon. It's not the cheapest, but quality never is.

Nice to see a LFS and Vendor step up here. Thanks to both Barry and to ROWA for showing their support to the locals.

ROWA USA,

I use ROWA at Kahuna Corals and I think we could work something out. PM me and we will work out a deal for these guys.

Slick Donkey,

I don't recognize you by your street name, but if I saw you in person I probably would. And yes, I do have salt. I am selling 160 gallon mixes of Instant Ocean for $40.00 or only $29.00 with the purchase of any coral. Limit one per customer per day.

Thanks for Your Interest,
Barry Katz
(800) 764-0884
(425) 761-6303 (personal cell)

Last edited:
Sounds good, let me know what you're able to work out. That's a good price on salt. Good enough to brave the traffic! My tank isn't ready for corals yet but if your special is still running a few months from now you can bet I'll stop by.

Brian

Barry,

I sent you a reply to your e-mail.
kahunakatz said:
ROWA USA,

I use ROWA at Kahuna Corals and I think we could work something out. PM me and we will work out a deal for these guys.

Slick Donkey,

I don't recognize you by your street name, but if I saw you in person I probably would. And yes, I do have salt. I am selling 160 gallon mixes of Instant Ocean for $40.00 or only $29.00 with the purchase of any coral. Limit one per customer per day.

Barry Katz
(800) 764-0884

hey Barry,

I'm also interested in getting in on the group buy for carbon.

Thanks for doing this.

kahunakatz said:
ROWA USA,

Barry Katz
(800) 764-0884

I could go for 5 lbs as I already have some but would like to try and compare another brand preferably not pelletized :) I'll tag along let me know :)

Ordering soon

Ok, I've not heard from Barry so I'm going to place an order from Aquatic Ecosystems for the Proline in the next couple of days unelss I hear from him.

I guess the way I'd like to do this is that I'll sell it to you for $4/lb (cash only please). I'm not making any money on this; that's about what it comes to after shipping. The only thing I ask is that you either swing by my house in Woodinville or drop my my office in Redmond and you can pick it up. Just let me know at least a day in advance as we may not always be around.

Alternatively, if you live in the Redmond/Kirkland/Woodinville area I would like the opportunity to deliver it personally if you don't mind. That will give me a chance to meet some of you and best of all, see some tanks! I promise I won't take much of your time.

Those of you listed below, please confirm the amounts you'd like. I'll send you a PM as well.
jsmkmavity: 10 lbs
northstaraquatics: 10 lbs
mattseattle: 10 lbs
roblou: 10 lbs
jmp21677: 10 lbs
plack: 5 lbs

The follow people expressed an interest but didn't say how much they'd like. Let me know ASAP and I'll add you to the list if you're still interested:
jesshimom
Elmo18
bc_slc
Llarian
reedman

Back