Check this out: Female Anthias is turning to male!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ilovereef

I have 5 anthias with only one male, he jumped out of the tank and died a couple of weeks ago... One of my bigest female "steps up, takes charge" and is turning into male. The color is changing everyday also her (or his) character. Looks interesting.

dsc0120ii5.jpg

dsc0121ys6.jpg

dsc0128kt7.jpg

Last edited:
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat . I can't believe that i'm the first person to comment on this page, thats realy cool. i didn't know anthias did that.

He's darker now on the head and tail and fin. I will take pictures as he progress :)

Having seen it in person I understand now that what the pictures are is of the changed female to a male.

The original color is much more orange and seeing them all together would make for a nice photo as they are beautiful.

You should post a full tank photo Your tank is doing quite well !!

:)

Paul

Having seen it in person I understand now that what the pictures are is of the changed female to a male.

The original color is much more orange and seeing them all together would make for a nice photo as they are beautiful.

You should post a full tank photo Your tank is doing quite well !!

:)

Paul

Thanks, Paul for stopping by and for the trade. Agree that my tank is healthy and growing but still not "there" yet. Hopefully next year or so if thing keeps going well :)

Back