Chingon's Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So i checked my water yesterday and it was alright. So i dropped in a pom pom xenia in there last nite, it started pulsating after a while but not looking good, today in the morning it was still alive, and tonight its alive and pulsating more. i'm happy.

some pics of stuff in my tank.

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

xenia.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures! The tank is beautiful :)
I noticed you have some LR in your sump. I would remove this from there before it turns into a detritus trap and cause your nitrates and phosphates to go up.
Sumps are best left for mechanical filtration and possibly bio as a refugium. You do not want to have rocks in there though because they will not process all the detritus. What happens is detritus ends up clogging the rock up and getting trapped in the crevices.

Great pictures! The tank is beautiful :)
I noticed you have some LR in your sump. I would remove this from there before it turns into a detritus trap and cause your nitrates and phosphates to go up.
Sumps are best left for mechanical filtration and possibly bio as a refugium. You do not want to have rocks in there though because they will not process all the detritus. What happens is detritus ends up clogging the rock up and getting trapped in the crevices.

Sounds good, i will remove it asap. Thanks.:)

I put my first fish in my tank, i didnt see it for a whole day. I got worried that maybe my tank isnt ready for it so i looked for it, and it's alive. that really made me happy.

So i went to buy a choc star fish, for my wife's harlequins.

ended up buying 4 chromis for myself. lol. so now i got 5 fish total in there.

he looks like he surprised himself. lol

Thanks Justin, he's not shy at all. and he likes to sift sand. i really like it. i gotta name him something now. lol

Back