Clamtastrophe

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I think it would be best from now on if new people are expierienceing problems they should start thier own thread. Alot of the advice givers only view threads a few times before they have done thier part and move on. So you will get more responses if you start a new thread for each individual's problem.

Angel fish are notorious for snapping and then nipping clams, if you have one I would remove it asap.

If they are nipping would I see any signs of nipping on the clam mantels?

Sorry for the losses.

I guess like what happen to my friend. When you introduce the latest clams, the angel might have tasted it somehow due to new addition check for food or one of the new clam might be sending out some smell. This make the angel recall how nice does clam taste like :D

I would certainly give up angels if i wants to keep clams, acans, zoo, etc. Recently, i have a 2" rabbit fish (2" only) ripping off my acans. Luckily i found it early.

Good luck with the eel fishing ! It's never any fun trying to catch or trap a particular fish when you have a tank full of rocks and corals. :mad:

Lucky for us we're moving in a couple of months so we know we can weed the evil guys if we need to.

Thanks for the advice -- I will try the bottle trick today on the clam that is down in the sand bed and see if it perks up.

Back