Cleaning continue's and I took the L.E.D plunge.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefbound

Today I removed half of my rock with all the glass anemone's on them and I'm going to soak them in R.O water for a couple days give them a good brushing then a rinse in clean R.O, Hopefully that will kill them as there are to many to kill by hand. I also added more sand for a deeper bed.

And the biggest change is going to be the new L.E.D light system I bought from Oceans By design. I got the 120 watt 4 puck units with the Typhon controller, This is the unit. OBD Helios 120w LED Aquarium Fixture| | | Fixtures| Oceans by Design| Your one stop shop for custom glass aquariums| Oceans by Design| Oceans by Design| Welcome to Oceans by Design
The person that I spoke to was fantastic and patient and answered all my question's very promptly and respectfully. Now I cant wait for them to get here as there is a few week lead time. Just wanted to share, back to cleaning. anyone need a T5 unit?

Did they hook the typhon controller up for you? Or did not purchase it somewhere else?

Optimus G
They are doing everything!!! When the unit gets to me all I have to do is plug it in. I purchased everything from them.

Is this for your 90?

Do you know how you are going to hang them?
Yes its for my 90. I was assured that these units were more than enough for it. I going to hang them the same way my T5 unit hung, I will just have to add two more eye hooks.

I really wish I started taking pictures when I started this transformation, The tank looks incredible compared to what it did three weeks ago.

Last edited:
That would have been great to see. start the pic taking now. How much did it cost ya for the led? And are you using 1 or 2?

Optimus G

Very cool! Do you remember the first name of the person you talked to?

I do remember, It was Rebecca. She was really great with my transaction. After I get my lights, I'm wanting to get some reactors for the tank and I was looking around and just based on there customer service I will seriously look at their product.

Thanks for the like Herefishyfishy ! How often do we get to praise any store anymore? And when we do its usually a rant or an all out bash.

Back