Closed loop pumps on timer??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OldDawg

I am planning on running 2 closed loop circuits on my tank, Is it possible to run most external pumps on a wave timer so that each closed loop pump runs for 2 minutes then off for 2 minutes alternating... I would be using a Reefkeeper to control thge timing and it has soft start, That should be easier on the pumps, The pumps I plan on using are Quiet One 6000's due to the amperage draw & lack of noise for volume moved.

So what all do you think, Or should I just buy a OM.

I am planning on running 2 closed loop circuits on my tank, Is it possible to run most external pumps on a wave timer so that each closed loop pump runs for 2 minutes then off for 2 minutes alternating... I would be using a Reefkeeper to control thge timing and it has soft start, That should be easier on the pumps, The pumps I plan on using are Quiet One 6000's due to the amperage draw & lack of noise for volume moved.

So what all do you think, Or should I just buy a OM.

Nope cant do that, it will kill the pumps. I'd use one big pump and mbv.

Don

That be what I thought/... But had to ask.... Well off to buy an Oceans Motion.. Just need to reasearch pumps now.. as I want efficiancy with high output & low noise... Face it I WANT IT ALL. & for free if possible!!!!

Thanks!

Hey All,

I Was Thinking Of Doing The Same But With A Gen X 8500 - On When The Lights Are On [ 8 To 9 Hrs] And Off When The Luner's Come On. What Do You Think... Will That Be Better On The Pump

Bueller

Definately...You just don't want to cycle them too close together, but running them for 8-9 hours one stretch then giving them a break may make the pump last longer IMO. Infact, some people shut down most of their flow at night so no difference:)

cool, then thats what I'm gonna do. i will run the return constant [gen x 6000] and run the closed loop pump [gen x 8500] during daytime lighting...sound good.

thanks
bueller

OK, it must have been a long day of thinking for me.
What does "mbv" stand for?

thanks
kirk

Back