Clown eggs?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Todd,

That is a very interesting way to feed. I was thinking about going high tech and buying an automated feeder. I must admit I have not gotten that far though, I'm still researching the fish part, havent even made it to the rotifers yet.

I'm going to let this batch go and probably the next one also. I figure mid August I should have everything ready to go.

Will the fact they have laid on a piece of live rock make removal easier? Can you just lift out the piece of rock and relocate to your baby tank? Newbie here so maybe that is not realistic. My clowns just laid too (this is the 4th time in so many weeks) but their preference is to clear a whole in the far back corner of the tank and lay them either on the sidewall or the backwall...right now they are busy keeping the hermit crabs out of the hole...I saw them picking up and spitting them out further over in the tank...too funny. As far as I know I have had no survivors from these lays although the eggs have made it to the 7th/8th night and looked like they are ready to hatch. You could even see the 2 little black dots in the eggs once they became longer and white/clear which I believe were the eyes.

Here's a pic of my guys with their latest batch...laid yesterday.

clownfisheggs.jpg

I had true percs laid eggs in my biocube. I got lazy and just let it be and the clowns ate them all in about two days. After i moved them to my new tank they stop laying eggs but it's only been about a month. Good luck maybe i'll give it a shot once they lay eggs again.

Back