Clowninaround's Deep Dimension 300

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I chose oak because at Lowes my options was oak or birch an i like the grains in oak alot better an never built anything out of oak so figured why not give it a try. also now that i think about it my entertainment stand is oak so it will match with rest of funiture in house

no I didnt get a updated pic of it. was 12 at night when we stoped workin. I will take alot more detail pics this weekend!

Guerry, yeah its actually on clearence right now here where i live. I just gotta figure out what i need for doors an trim. We are going to have to bust out the shapper an make some trim up

Alrite lil update on stand been busy last few weekends. But got it almost all ready for stain an paint. Still got to make doors.
The stand
SU1BRzAzODguanBn.jpg

Stand broke into 2 parts so will fit into house
SU1BRzAzODkuanBn.jpg

Trim Details
SU1BRzAzODcuanBn.jpg

SU1BRzAzODYuanBn.jpg

Rounded corners on corner trim
SU1BRzAzNzUuanBn.jpg

Made trim pieces to cover the double lamb of the plywood
SU1BRzAzODMuanBn.jpg

Very Nice! So much better when you can do it yourself, exactly the way you want it. After many months am almost ready to restart/finish my build so will follow along to help encourage my progress.

Cheers, Todd

We put them there to see if liked that trim added to stand , before makin it an puttin on an be to much. i plan to install it this week I think it will help everything flow together . Good Eye

We put them there to see if liked that trim added to stand , before makin it an puttin on an be to much. i plan to install it this week I think it will help everything flow together . Good Eye

Haha!! Thanks! My wife says I notice too much! :lol:. Well, good luck with the rest of it! Really digging the look! :peace:

Very nice looking stand!!
I'm in the process of setting up a 300d.d. myself. I had to build the stand in the garage, take it apart, then re-assemble once it was in the living room. Now I have to figure out a way to get the tank inside.

Thats why i built my stand into 2 parts so i can bring it into house with no problems. total heigh is 40"
Yeah i know the feelin movin tank inside this sucker is heavy

Alrite stand has came along way since last posted been busy with work so sorry for the delay.
First thing i had to sand everything done for stain an paint .
I bondo the inside of the stand at all screw an plywood seams. so everything would be smooth
SU1BRzAzOTIuanBn.jpg

Then painted inside of stand with a epoxy paint so would be protected from any water an could be cleaned easily
SU1BRzA0MDEuanBn.jpg

SU1BRzA0MDUuanBn.jpg

Then i went ahead an started with stain & poly.
SU1BRzA0MDIuanBn.jpg

SU1BRzAzOTcuanBn.jpg

An here is Finished product
SU1BRzA0MDQuanBn.jpg

SU1BRzA0MDYuanBn.jpg

Now just gotta make the doors

Back