Club meetings

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I've used water bottles with warm-hot water in them. they don't last as long, but since you will be with it you can warm up the water again... but i'm cheap like that ;)

Mid-forties? In the city? I swear my parent's diesel gets in the negative mpg range.

mid-forties mixed. the EPA says it should get 42 city and 48 highway. although once we did 620 miles in one tank. we normally do 500-550 per tank (12-13 gal.)
is your parent's diesel a non-turbo? we have a 2000 TDI Jetta (205k mi on the clock) and the DI is for Direct Injection... we need to get new glow plugs for it though. :(
Stephen

It was a great meeting - although we did decide to bump the raffle to next month since our turnout was so low last night the few of us there couldn't have bought all the tickets.

For all you lurkers - there are benefits to going to the meetings!!

At our April meeting we will be raffling off 2 ORA Verde Acropora coral frags donated by Aquarium Solutions. Yay Barbie!

All profits from our raffles go towards our club, we use them to purchase books for our club library, and also are working to pay for and organize some great speakers to come through Spokane which we can put on for the entire local community.

Show up and get your raffle tickets! And bring a friend to the meeting, lets spread the word and get this club rocking!

April Meeting this Saturday 4/11

Yeah I know, bad timing since is Easter Eve, BUT for those who may have scheduling conflicts and still want to donate to get into the raffle, shoot me a PM and we can work out a prepay on some raffle tickets for Barbie's AMAZING Ora Verde frags!

Tickets are $5 a piece - thats a great deal for a frag of ORA coral if you are the lucky winner!

Hope to see a great turnout - remember 7 PM sharp :badgrin:, Greg will shoot out an email later this week with confirmation on the location :)

Discussion topic for this month is Plumbing - tricks and tactics

prepay on some raffle tickets for Barbie's AMAZING Ora Verde frags!

Tickets are $5 a piece - thats a great deal for a frag of ORA coral if you are the lucky winner!

What are the light requirements on this type of frag?

Im looking forward to the plumbing info!

What are the light requirements on this type of frag?

Im looking forward to the plumbing info!

Ahh yes, this little jewel will require either a Metal Halide or good T-5 system with strong flow so you get some good growth and branching out of it. Upper half of most tanks will be a must :)

Here's a link to the coral on ORA's website, I believe Barbie may had posted some pics of it in her store thread as well :D

http://www.oracorals.com/ora-verde-acropora.asp

I got the email at 10:00 last night...lol. Greg musta been up late. The meeting is at Valley Christian School on the 11th at 7pm. As Joanne mentioned, the topic of discussion will be plumbing. Also don't forget the raffle for the ORA Verde coral that Barbie at Aquariums Solutions has donated to the club!! The email mentions the raffle starting at the meeting and continuing by opening it up to Paypal tickets. More details will be available at the meeting.

hey anyone going to the meeting need some Cheato? let us know so we can bring you some.

I would love some, I'll be at the meeting.

I might bring some extra eggs if anyone is interested.

Brown eggs, I'd have two dozen maybe three.
Think they would stay cool enough in the car?

Count me in for chaeto if you have enough :D I have some extra caulerpa if anyone wants that.

Back