Coast to Coast Overflow Filter

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jaredpilot

When I purchased my 160 gallon acrylic tank, it came with a coast to coast overflow which had multiple foot long plastic overflow protectors on the top of the overlow to prevent anything from flowing down into the sump. Well the tank was missing a few of these links and I hadn't thought to much about it until now.

I recently added a pair of mated clowns who enjoy sleeping up near the the top of my tank, rather than throughout all the liverock in the tank. And as you have probably guessed by now, one of them has found his way to the sump. So, I'm trying to figure out where I could purchase the material necessary to cover the rest of the overflow.... Not exactly sure what the mesh is made of or where to get it? Im sure I would have to cut it to fit. Any suggestions? Thanks!

does your over flow not have teeth? there should be 1/4'' slots (teeth) every 1/4''-1/2'' if it does then I wander how in the world the clown managed to get through them? is the clown a baby?

Matt

When I purchased my 160 gallon acrylic tank, it came with a coast to coast overflow which had multiple foot long plastic overflow protectors on the top of the overlow to prevent anything from flowing down into the sump. Well the tank was missing a few of these links and I hadn't thought to much about it until now.

I recently added a pair of mated clowns who enjoy sleeping up near the the top of my tank, rather than throughout all the liverock in the tank. And as you have probably guessed by now, one of them has found his way to the sump. So, I'm trying to figure out where I could purchase the material necessary to cover the rest of the overflow.... Not exactly sure what the mesh is made of or where to get it? Im sure I would have to cut it to fit. Any suggestions? Thanks!

does your over flow not have teeth? there should be 1/4'' slots (teeth) every 1/4''-1/2'' if it does then I wander how in the world the clown managed to get through them? is the clown a baby?

Matt

The Over flow has two plastic mesh grates that slide into the top of the overflow but I'm missing one of those grates and therefore the fish has slipped into the overflow and down into my sump. The fish is not small, he's an adult male at about 2" or so. My question is where to buy the plastic mesh grates? I'm not sure exactly what the correct term is for them but its there to protect live animals and or snails from getting into the overflow...

The Over flow has two plastic mesh grates that slide into the top of the overflow but I'm missing one of those grates and therefore the fish has slipped into the overflow and down into my sump. The fish is not small, he's an adult male at about 2" or so. My question is where to buy the plastic mesh grates? I'm not sure exactly what the correct term is for them but its there to protect live animals and or snails from getting into the overflow...

can you post a picture of the mesh? this will help...

If I remember correctly, your overflow covers are made from egg crate which can be picked up at Lowes or HD.

If I remember correctly, your overflow covers are made from egg crate which can be picked up at Lowes or HD.

That sounds about right, thanks Duane!! By the way your going to have to come over soon and finally see the tank!

Back