cold water reef pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I set up a coldwater dinking dispenser connected to a 15 gallon glass aquarium by running tubing coiled inside the cooling portion of the dipenser. I let it run overnight and now have the tank down to 63 degrees F for my Catalina gobies. I am running the system with a 2217 Ehiem exernal canister filter

So Steve, I'm really looking forward to lots of updates in this thread now. In many ways, this tank is just as impressive as your reef. Please share! :)

hey i talked to simone of ocean reefs in western australia he has lots of cold water stock was lucky enought to see the private stash in the back room u need to get a cuttlefish and a port jackson shark in ur tank do hes got lots of impressive stock u should contact him again hes ur man for cold water

well if u look at the pics of the tank theres no small fish in there for it to eat and it wouldnt bother the cow fish it would only eat fish that are bout 4 inches or smaller
cuttlefish are ultimate for a cold water tank im setting a tank up for 1 soon and will feed live fish but they will probley be 3 inch big squirle fish
cum on how could u say no to 2 cow fish a port jackson shark and a cuttlefish that tank would rock so hard
and these cold water cuttles live for about 2 years and get a meter in size like 3 foot long

So Steve, I'm really looking forward to lots of updates in this thread now. In many ways, this tank is just as impressive as your reef. Please share! :)

Well....there's really no difference to report. I am going to make some changes though. I'm going to place all my large (fish eating) anemones into the smaller tank by themselves....and place all the fish, seahorses and corynactus (strawberry anemones) into the bigger tank. I have several more Australian boxes coming next week......and a display of just boxes, seahorses, and corynactus will be interesting.....along, of course, with stars, shrimp, and other inverts.

Back