Compatability help!?!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I just recently purchased a Hector Goby and saw at the same store that they had a Rainford's Goby also. I liked the coloration of them both and I am thinking about going back for the Rainford. I read on one website that they will fight, but I am not so sure about the credibility of the source. So please let me know if anyone has any experience with these gobies.

In general I like to say that any 2 gobies with a similar body shape will fight. The Hector's and Rainford's are definitely very similar in shape and size. If you have lots and lots of hiding places you might be able to get them both in without problem, but in a 40BR my guess is they will fight. Every fish is an individual so it's hard to say for certain, but I believe they are more likely to fight than not. It's a shame. You have a good eye for fish. Both of those gobies are beautiful fish.

I would have to agree with russelaqua usually these are pretty mild fish but together I bet they have trouble...but there are exceptions to every rule

Any idea about multiple Hector's?

In general I like to say that any 2 gobies with a similar body shape will fight. The Hector's and Rainford's are definitely very similar in shape and size. If you have lots and lots of hiding places you might be able to get them both in without problem, but in a 40BR my guess is they will fight. Every fish is an individual so it's hard to say for certain, but I believe they are more likely to fight than not. It's a shame. You have a good eye for fish. Both of those gobies are beautiful fish.

Thank you, I am always looking for unique fish that aren't common in everyone's tanks. What do you think about more than 1 Hector's Goby? I am thinking possibly 3 total.

Back