Cooking With Steve. Per. Re. Gaby

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ohhh dood you're making me drool !!!!
i love the hushbrowns !! thumbs up !!
i can't wait for the chicken tortellini :D .

Cheezy FAV.

one can of your favorite chili!
one bag of your favorite shredded cheez or mixture of shredded cheeses or a stick of velveta my favorite. Heat in a crock pot, until nice & melted, slow cook & serve with scoopable corn chips, spice it up with onions, or you favorite salsa for that extra kick add a little Tabasco hot sauce.
Alternate single guys receipt:
make a box of Kraft macaroni & cheese, heat & mix with Chile, another favorite!

As long as we are cooking tasty & cholesterol intensive...
This is my mothers favorite brownie recipe, if she doesn't have time to make them, she just drinks the whisky... ENJOY!
I prefer them with the substitution (as noted)
Ingredients

1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter softened (margarine is evil)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup Irish Whiskey (or Kahula)
2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
1 cup chopped walnuts
2-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon Irish Whiskey (or Kahula)
1-1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3 to 4 tablespoons brewed coffee
Chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

1. Heat granulated sugar, butter and 1/2 cup cocoa powder in a large saucepan over medium heat until butter melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla; beat lightly just until combined.

2. Stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside. Stir together milk and 1/4 cup whiskey; stir in coffee crystals. Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to the chocolate mixture, beating by hand after each addition. Stir in nuts. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-inch baking pan.

3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.

4. Meanwhile, for the Irish Coffee Glaze, stir together sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey, and 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla. Stir in 3 to 4 tablespoons brewed coffee until of drizzling consistency.

5. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped nuts. Makes 36 brownies.

Last edited:
Here's another Bahamian dish...

PEAS 'N' RICE

Thyme (dried)
Small onion (fine diced)
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 can of pigeon peas drained (save liquid)
2 cups of rice
1/2 of a small can of tomato paste
1 cap full of Kitchen Bouquet
3 3/4 cups of water
Salt (as much as you desire)
Red pepper (as much as you can handle)

Saute' onion in oil along with the salt and thyme until soft. Add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add water, pigeon pea water, and kitchen bouquet into the pot (add extra salt and extra thyme) and bring to a boil. After it comes to a boil, add rice, and continue cooking until it comes back to a boil. Afterwards, turn down to medium low, stir, cover and cook like you would normal rice for about 20 minutes.:)

Bart are you trying to get my kid drunk? next time i'll see him just dropping on the floor... hmmm on a second thought, can i add the whole cup of irish whiskey? :D :lol:
you know everyone, for sure i'm gonna try the recipies(and more since i'm pregnant:D).
KEEP THEM COMING BOYS !!! there's nothing like a man teaching a woman how to cook !!! besides men for some reason have that, touch to make the food awesomely good :) .

I always said that Nyquil was the babysitters best friend, (when I had to watch nephews) The alcohol cooks out of any recipe, but the flavors remain. Mom is as Irish as a Cossack, but likes their whisky. I think it's better with the Kahula (how the heck can you beat coffee & chocolate?)

I always said that Nyquil was the babysitters best friend
Well Krish, what do you think? :lol: ... ohh wait you only take children's :lol::lol::D... just kidding dood !!!

LOL !!! Bart dood you're gonna making me crave your brownies !!!

Thanks Krish, Thanks Bartman.
Chicken tortellini Alfreado.
1 lb chicken breast. Cut into strips.
Two bottles of bertolini roasted garlic alfreado
1/3-1/2 clove of real garlic
One lg bag of bertolina three cheese tortellini (in the dry pasta aisle)
two table spoons of olive oil.
MUST have a bottle of CAVENDER's ALL PURPOSE GREEK SEASONING
with out this your life is incomplete, and you should go now to the store and buy it before the world ends. Buy a big one. Dont worry its worth it.
OK put the large pot of water on to boil,
Chop the garlic, and put the olive oil in a skillet to heat medium to medium high.
Shake the CAVENDER's all over the chicken. As the garlic cooks, then add the chicken. Brown the chicken and remove to a clean cutting board. Pour the alfreado sauce in the skillet with the chicken yummies. Turn down to low. Cut the chicken into smaller chunks, and return to the alfreado sauce.
Then put the tortollini in the water and cook. Drain and add the sauce and chicken.
Best served with special apple sauce, green beans, and garlic toast.
Special apple sauce to follow.

Special apple sauce.
Half a big jar of musselmans applesauce.
in a pot, heat on med heat.
Add 1/3 cup brown sugar
Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Add 2 teaspoons of butter.
Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Heat.
MMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHH

ohh me loves Alfredo !!!
Hey Steve do you happen to know any recipies for picky eaters (kids:p), I'm having hard time giving him vegetables.
Matt gave me one (which i still gotta try) mushed potatoes and i'm looking for more.

spongebob lover said:
any recipies for picky eaters (kids:p), I'm having hard time giving him vegetables.

I always got my brats to eat carrots...
Medium sized covered pan
1/4 inch or so of water
baby carrots
cook covered till just tender (not mush)
uncover, cook off most of the liquid (don't scorch)
melt in a few tablespoons butter
when butter is melted, add about 1/3 cup brown sugar
cook covered (med low heat)till butter/sugar mixture thickens and glazes carrots
stir or shake pan often

Thank you very much Bart dood !!!
Kids are very picky (at least mine is :p) and so i'm always looking for ideas :).

Hey i thought i'd post a recipie i like :) .

Albondigas (mexican meat balls)
(this is for 2 people ... hmm or may be i count for 2 plus the husband... one of those, but you can double the size for 4)

3 tomatoes
half onion
1 wedge of garlic
1 cup of water (sometimes i add another half cup)
a little bit of pepper (table spoon)
about a table spoon of salt
1 lb of ground beef
1 egg
3 eggs
more pepper
salt
1 wedge of garlic cut into tini little pieces

First you sort of marinate the ground beef by just adding a little bit of pepper, salt, i like adding sometimes italian seasoning if i have some around if not, there's no need, 1 egg and mix it all and let it sit for a little bit.

In a pot with a little bit of water i boil my 3 eggs until they are hard :D :p :lol:, while the eggs are getting boiled.

In a blender, you put the 3 tomatoes all chopped (big pieces), the onion, salt, pepper, the cup of water, and the garlic you make it very liquidy (in my blender there's a botton that says soup, so i just press that and let it do the rest :p).

Once you have your liquid and your eggs ready, you grab an egg and cover it with the ground beef and make a nice ball (it gonna look like a baseball :p), if you don't want to much egg like mua, you can cut your egg in half and make the meatball smaller.
once you have all your meat balls ready, in a large pan (you knwo one of those deep ones :p), put a little bit of virgin olive oil, (i like to add a little bit of onions... just to give it a little bit of more flavor) and put your meatballs in, let them cook for a little bit, if you want... play with them so you don't get bored :p (hey what can i say.... i'm a goofball :D).
Then you add your liquid to the pan ( i like using a stainless steel strainer... just to make sure there's no big chunks or something) and add a little bit more of water (about a cup ) just so you have plenty liquid and let it all cook in medium (you know with a flame not to high ) for a few mins and then put it in low for about 20 mins.
If you want to spice this up, grab 3 jalapenos ( or if youre crazy grab habaneros :D) and chup them all up in tini little pieces and dump them in the pan.

Cool Gaby.
My girlfriend hated vegetables and wouldnt eat them untill she met me. Her Dad came to visit and didnt believe she would eat them untill he saw it himself.
So here you go.
Carrots, any can of carrots, sliced, whole babies, how ever.
1/3 cup brown sugar.
1/3 cup syrup
salt. bring to a boil on medium heat.
Boil down to almost all liquid is gone. About 15 mins.

Green beans you already have.
Brocolli
Chunk a head of fresh up. Rinse
Steam for 5 mins.
Put in a pot with some velvetta and salt.
melt the cheese.

I'll put some more up later.

Well she is only 16. Buts shes got 5 kids. Its Kentucky you know. Still got all her teeth.
LOL J/King.
She is 27. From El Paso TX.

Well she is only 16. Buts shes got 5 kids. Its Kentucky you know. Still got all her teeth

ROFL! That would have been some funny crap if you forgot to put the LOL J/K and your keyboard went dead afterwards! That show "Cops", would have been filming their next episode at your front door!:lol:

Back