Cool Clown

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Years upon years ago I came across this fellow surfing the net. Never saw another one like him to this day anywhere on the net and still don't know what kind of clownfish he is. Got some speculations as to what he may be, but nothing ever concrete. Anyone here ever seen this guy before or know what type of clown he is? This is by far to me the best looking clown species I've ever seen and would love to get one of these fellows one day! :)

looks like the good ol' ''naked clown ''

You know when I right click on the image and go to save as, naked clown comes up as the file name, but for the life of me, I can't get google images to load on this computer for some reason to look them up. Will give that a try tomorrow and see what I come up with. Time for bed!!!! :p

Looks like a naked clown but I havent ever seen one with that black cheek spot.

Maybe he got photoshopped :p

So I did look it up in google images and sure enough he's a naked clown. Most of them are more orange compared to this guy who is a lot "redder" but seems to be the same fish. Also, you were right about the black cheeks. Haven't seen any others like that searching. :)

Last edited:
the magazine is called (coral) the reef and marine aquarium magazine the issue is jul/aug 2010 they are an ora breed happy hunting!!!

Thanks guys! I still need a tank first. :p. I believe that name Ora came up few years ago when I looked for some info on this fish. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have one and will get a pic of him. I got him from a someone local so no idea where he originally came from. If you want him I will happily box him up and send him. He is the only clown fish I've had that eats coral and he is incredibly aggressive towards other fish. As a result he lives in my sump.

I have one and will get a pic of him. I got him from a someone local so no idea where he originally came from. If you want him I will happily box him up and send him. He is the only clown fish I've had that eats coral and he is incredibly aggressive towards other fish. As a result he lives in my sump.

Haha!! Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a tank up and running now and it's illegal to import marine life. Thanks for the thought though...It was very kind of you. :)

Haha!! Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a tank up and running now and it's illegal to import marine life. Thanks for the thought though...It was very kind of you. :)

Haha. At this rate I will ship him IN a tank very well concealed. LOL. I might even throw in my coral eating baby blue tang :)

LOL no I'm ok. I don't think my picasso's would like the naked and I'm not a huge fan of hippo tangs.

Back