Cool, I just sold photos.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

All of these shots were taken with a Canon Rebel XT and the 100mm F/2.8 lens. I can't wait until I am done remodeling so I can finally start building a 120 reef and sell off the tiny 65 :)

Way to Go!

Congradulations Rick! Awesome Pictures. I hope you get more business. Word of mouth does wonders. Keep it up Buddy!:)

I never really intended to make money with aquarium shots but I won't complain. Heck, maybe I can take some shots for local LFS's around the area for use on their web or something, "will work for frags", lol. My dad's girlfriend is a real estate agen and asked if I could take some shots for her of high-end homes. I'm trying to do work like that in my spare time.
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/rick_parchen/?action=view&current=1165273110.pbw

Rick,would you trade your tecnique using camera and photo shop with frag.,soon my 18-200 arrive(who know when),or you want to start before then.,i'm in Sammamish.

Last edited:
I would be more than happy to help you out Dang. What equipment are you shooting with and which editing programs do you have? A DSLR camera will help out a lot but I can always help you out with photoshop (I'm familar with CS2). Do you mind if I shoot your tank as well? I really could use some great SPS shots and you definitely have the SPS :)

Rick - maybe you can start taking pictures of folks' tanks for them. Charge a little and save the money for your new lens :D

Wow,,i just saw the light from the end of the tunnel:) :)
I would be more than happy to help you out Dang. What equipment are you shooting with and which editing programs do you have? A DSLR camera will help out a lot but I can always help you out with photoshop (I'm familar with CS2). Do you mind if I shoot your tank as well? I really could use some great SPS shots and you definitely have the SPS :)
this is what i have:nikonD200 with 105 maccro,,,still waiting for 18-200lens
i'm hacking with photo shop 7,,got lost many many time.
yes,shoot my tank anytime any day,,i am off on vacation till Jan 2,2007.let me know:)

Rick - maybe you can start taking pictures of folks' tanks for them. Charge a little and save the money for your new lens

i agree... i'm first in line though :p :lol: .

Congrats dood !! well this might sound funny but you do have a gift when it comes to taking pictures dood because seriously you do a really good job :) .... heck even i plan on putting one of your pictures on my wall for my office :p ....... now, so you don't get to cocky about this.........

your pictures suck big time dood :D :lol:

Don't be stingy with the pix of Dangs tank, his tank and corals are the envy of all Puget Sound area reefers...we want some good pix:D Can't keep waiting on Dang to learn how to use his own camera:lol:

Dang, your camera and 105mm macro lens will work out great. I'm not a Nikon guy but I can probably figure it out pretty easily. Just send me a PM whenever you want and we'll set something up. I'm free this weekend if that works for you. Just not when the 'hawks are playin' :)

I think the best part of trading frags with Rick, is seeing the photos that come out later. Do my zoas get modeling fees?

Congratulations! That is awesome.

Congrats on the sale! Its usually harder to sell pics than that!
:D

But your work is good.

Nick

Great pictures! Do you have the original link to how you took these with the equipment?

Jason, they did select the picture below to use. This pic is one of my favorites that I've taken and I got these guys from you. You will be happy to know they have doubled in size since I got them from you. 57reefer, my process for these pictures is pretty elaborate. I generally use like three different programs for processing. The pictures look MUCH different from when the come out of the camera to how they look when I'm done. Thanks for the comments everyone!
IMG_2565_DxO_rawcopy.jpg

Last edited:
I never really intended to make money with aquarium shots but I won't complain. Heck, maybe I can take some shots for local LFS's around the area for use on their web or something, "will work for frags", lol. My dad's girlfriend is a real estate agen and asked if I could take some shots for her of high-end homes. I'm trying to do work like that in my spare time.
http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/rick_parchen/?action=view&current=1165273110.pbw

Rick, I do believe you could make some money in Real Estate photography, if what you have taken there is any indication you should be able to rake it in. I will send you the information I have on our photographers for JLS. Hey, don't forget to send me your link we discussed today. shoot me an email: [email protected]
Thanks!

Back