coral is fine fish are dying

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

grantlandj

My tank is drivving me nuts. the coral is fine but not spreading but i cant keep fish alive tank has been set up over a year and all water tests are fine. had lfs check them. Any thoughts?

Details details details ...

What were the actual test values? (and what test kit brands did you use?)
Flow?
Lighting?
Substrate?
Fish type?
Coral type?
Other inhabitants?
etc.

Gives us more information about your tank. The more you give the better the help you will get. Water parameters,type of test kits, inhabitants, #live rock,sump, filtration,skimmer,ect...

i have 70 lbs live rock in 75 gallon tank with a sump underneath,
i have 2 24" 10000k pc and 2 24" actnic pc and then one 50/50 48" floursecent. i have a rio powerhead on the sump and two rio powerheads in the tank.

i only have two chromis left and a sand cucumber and a sand sifting starfish.

the coral i have is cabbage coral, halameda, devils hand some mushrooms, and a bunch of diffent polyps. I can t get xenia to survive and xoas as well.

the tank is at 80 degrees and the salt is right on. I add partA alkanity and PArt b calcium everyday and then i add iodine once a week.

the tank is at 80 degrees and the salt is right on. I add partA alkanity and PArt b calcium everyday and then i add iodine once a week.

What are your actual parameters for nitrate, calcium, and alkalinity?

How often are you doing water changes?

-Chris

i have 70 lbs live rock in 75 gallon tank with a sump underneath,
i have 2 24" 10000k pc and 2 24" actnic pc and then one 50/50 48" floursecent. i have a rio powerhead on the sump and two rio powerheads in the tank.

i only have two chromis left and a sand cucumber and a sand sifting starfish.

the coral i have is cabbage coral, halameda, devils hand some mushrooms, and a bunch of diffent polyps. I can t get xenia to survive and xoas as well.

A and B every day? Sounds like a lot for a 75G tank.

Fish loss due to an imbalance of water chemistry?
I have to second that we need to see your actual water #'s

Back