Coralline Algae

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Okay this is what I've been doing, I write a description in the post section, put the mouse over the image of where it says image, click on it then a window pops up and says Choose a file. I click on that it brings me to my desktop where the image is I make sure the image is small I click on it and then it says, upload file after that I don't see anything.Another window pops up and says I've exceeded the file size or something like that, there's got to be an easy way to do this. I'm so sorry for all of this trouble.PD

If you want to add it as an attachment, you will go the the field where you make your post, cluck advanced and in the new window that opens, you can make your post and there in an option to manage attachments. Cluck on that, browse your pc for the pics and add them. Once you hit reply on the post, the attachments will show up in the post. Otherwise go to either www.tinypic.com or www.imageshack.us and upload your picture there and copy the image / URL code for forums and paste it in your reply.

Give those a shot. If still no luck, when I get home and free tonight I'll do some step by step screen shots for you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So you just grind it up and put it in the tank with just your pumps running and it will just grow on every thing?

Once the requirements are met to promote the coralline growth, then yes...It will grow basically anywhere the spores land in the tank. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a 125 gal tank with 2 tek light fixtures with a total of 8 39 watt bulbs......ques is, is that enuff? what ati bulb do u prefer me to get? tanx

That will be plenty of light for coraline to grow. As far as what ATI bulbs to get, you should get the colors that are apealing to you. Mix the colors for different effects. For instance on one of my tanks, I have two 10k whites, 1 actinic and 1 purple plus.

Is there anything that contributes to the color of coralline in your tank? My old tank was all pink/purple but I'm noticing my new tank has a lot more green.

Is that really red coralline in the first picture? I have that exact color on some rocks but thought it might be red slime.

I have some nearly blood red coralline algae in my tank. It tends to grow low on the rock. This particular rock is fossilized coral, available at Petsmart.

The tank is a standard 10 gallon, illuminated with a Reef Breeders Value led unit. High in blue lighting, very little white. Both the coralline algae and the numerous corals, zoas and various polyps are very happy.
20130917_163603.jpg

20130917_163551.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Back