crazy cool thing from a noob.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tricksterya

Ok so after having a 180 reef tank before for about 2 years then taking a 6year break I got back into it. Many anenomes and clown fish before but tonight I just saw the most awesome thing I think I ever saw in any tank for the very first time....

1 or my 3 nemo's was playing or waddling or just plain frolecking in my 8" rose bud anenome . Sorry to waste ur time but this was the coolest thing I think I have seen. I hollered at the wife and made her come look. Lol. Yup my noob showed tonight but was awesome. Thanks Eddie for the anenome. It is perfect size and I tried to place it in my tank in the perfect spot, but after a good night's sleep it moved and found a even better spot, way away from my coral and is thriving.

This noob is out... Love this hobby.

+1 on the first time seeing clown fish host an anemone. The day my clowns dove into the rose bubble tip I was hollering everyone to come and see.

My daughter got all excited the first time that happened with us. Of course, she's pretty blase about it now.

that is so awesome! my clown hosted my frogspawn when my girlfriend was holding the bearded dragon by the tank. it scared all the fish and my clown dove straight into the frogspawn. now he never leaves it! clowns and whatever they choose to host is one of the coolest things to see!

I yelled at my wife to come look to the first time it happened now one of my clowns likes to sleep in some palys with my bi color blenny

I thought it was the coolest thing when I realized that my female clown always takes the first bite of food and swims back to eat it in the anemone and all the slough coming off feeds the anemone. I thought that was an awesome sign of symbiosis.

GS

It's always neat to see clowns inside anemones.

Congrats on the frolicking! I've had clowns that never could figure that out. Others were close friends with their anemone.

I had one clown that would deliberately feed its host anemone during supper time (after getting some for itself).

It's definitely one of the joys of the hobby to see those interactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back