Creepy crawlers! what to do?!?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Rycko_427

emerald crab
so for the past couple of weeks, i've been noticing these really little micro organisms crawling around in my tank. And lately, it seems like there's a lot more of them and some have even gotten bigger (look kinda like small ants). All of them are this kinda clear/white color. Oh and on top of that, i spotted a little worm hiding in one of my live rocks. Greeaaaattttt:/. The part of it that was out from hiding, that i saw, was about 1-1 1/2 cm long and had quite a few legs. Does anyone know how to get rid of all of these?? or are they not harmful at all and it doesnt matter if they'r in the tank?? Any info would help out a lot

Thanks

look up copepods or ampipods spelling may be off on those but I am guesssing those are the ant things you speak of... good for the tank ! the other may be a bristle worm also good for the tank just don't touch them.

oh ok sweet! i wikipedia searched what those were and they look alot like copepods, which i guess is a good thing:) haha...i have read in other places though, that bristle worms werent a good thing to have in the tank and that they should be removed

Ok well what about the worms that are white and seem to have spines along their sides? I keep picking them out with pliers... is their a better way?

Also, are the miniature anemones that are red with clear tentacles harmful or a thing to get rid of. I probably have like 20 of them in my 30 gal. They are all smaller then a penny, but I am not sure where they come from.

Ok well what about the worms that are white and seem to have spines along their sides? I keep picking them out with pliers... is their a better way?

Also, are the miniature anemones that are red with clear tentacles harmful or a thing to get rid of. I probably have like 20 of them in my 30 gal. They are all smaller then a penny, but I am not sure where they come from.

Don't know about the white worms, mine are red. Anemones are probably aiptasia or mojanos, which are consider a pest in most cases. Aiptasia-X does a good job getting rid of them. Research some images and see what they look like, and a positive id would help a lot in getting proper advice.

I have a bunch of these in my tank as well. The closest I could find to identify them was glass bubble-tip anemone (don't look too much like majano in color). They don't harm my livestock in any way, and I find them quite pretty :) They also have never gotten much bigger than a penny. I would say they are fine unless they start to take over your tank, then maybe you'd want to get rid of some for aesthetic reasons.

I will get a picture of them for you nata.

thanks, Noobs... I do think they are cute little things, I just wants sure.

Back