cross's 10gl nano build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

also added one or two corals, thanks ajnweb

Looks good! If you don't want the frag plugs sometimes you can chip or scrape the frags off of the plugs, then just glue the frag where you want it on your rockwork. And other times the frag plugs are a little easier to get placed in the rockwork, the frags will grow over the plugs in a couple of months anyway.

Looks good! If you don't want the frag plugs sometimes you can chip or scrape the frags off of the plugs, then just glue the frag where you want it on your rock work. And other times the frag plugs are a little easier to get placed in the rock work, the frags will grow over the plugs in a couple of months anyway.

thank you, i may have to take some of the frags off the plugs and glue them to the rock. in a tank this small I'm going to need an interior decorator to figure out where to put them all. :D

I got the K nano's in and i think i like it allot better, they are surprisingly smaller than i thought and gives a nice gentle flow. every thing has a nice gentle wave to it. :) these pics are the K2 and the two K nano's, what ya think?

I like more smaller units over one larger unit, better control over the flow, and they are much less intrusive! Nice!

I got the K nano's in and i think i like it allot better, they are surprisingly smaller than i thought and gives a nice gentle flow. every thing has a nice gentle wave to it. :) these pics are the K2 and the two K nano's, what ya think?

Hay cross how does the skilter work on your nano I was thinking of picking one up and seen that you used on yours

Hay cross how does the skilter work on your nano I was thinking of picking one up and seen that you used on yours

well, its not really a skilter any more. i moded it into a fuge, and that works great. :D how ever i've been told that they dont realy work to well as a skilter though, but i've never actualy used one.

Okay. Are you running a skimmer on your 10g and if so what kind would you recomend. I have been told not to but I want to set mine back up as a sps only. And with my job I travel a lot and I'm not always home to do water changes when I should. So anything to keep my water cleaner longer.

Okay. Are you running a skimmer on your 10g and if so what kind would you recommend. I have been told not to but I want to set mine back up as a sps only. And with my job I travel a lot and I'm not always home to do water changes when I should. So anything to keep my water cleaner longer.

i dont run a skimmer and mine is a mixed reef sps, lps, zoas, Xenia. i do weekly 20% water changes and run chatoe algae in the fudge also use carbon. i don't know as far as skimmer's go, maybe CPR HOB skimmer. the guy t,o ask about skimmers is "skimmerwhisperer" shoot him a pm im shure he would be glade to help. good luck :)

Last edited:
I think good water change schedule and a good carbon will pretty much do the job for you. I have a skimmer on my 10 and i'm thinking about going with a phosban reactor with carbon instead.

Back