Crystalclear125 49 gal tank build!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I agree black silicone tanks kick #$%...
I will be starting the build this weekend.. just gotta get the plastic strips.

well we have started putting it together... wow it sweet looking!!!!! we are not done yet.
still have to run a bead of silicone on the inside,but first we wait for this to set up 24 hours or so
crystal49galtank007.jpg

crystal49galtank008.jpg

crystal49galtank009.jpg

crystal49galtank010.jpg

crystal49galtank011.jpg

crystal49galtank012.jpg

crystal49galtank013.jpg

wow crystal looking great! cant wait to see it all done and filled up with all your guys's amazing coral.

I love the black silicone. My new tank has black around the overflows but I wish the whole thing had black. Looking great guys!

HAHAHA!!! Im getting a new phone soon! It's really not me, idk why it keeps calling him, it doesn't do it to anyone else which is weird.

I had to work that day... I will be joining hopefully on the next meeting though.

We will be putting the inside bead of silicone in tonight along with the overflow and the top supports..
I will be on the hunt today for the proper plastic for the bottom and top..
Michale's and Lowes here I come..

Still gotta silicone the overflow on and the black cover on the overflow. ALSO drill holes for plumbing and paint back BLACK!
crystal49galtank015.jpg

crystal49galtank016.jpg

crystal49galtank017.jpg

crystal49galtank018.jpg

crystal49galtank019.jpg

crystal49galtank020.jpg

crystal49galtank021.jpg

crystal49galtank022.jpg

crystal49galtank023.jpg

Thanks,, We are sooo excited but we are out of silicone. :(
we have to wait till either our marineland stuff gets here or go buy one tube to finish it.. mmmmmm tempting
Lowe's is really close by..

Tank is looking really good! DAP 100% Silicone rubber sealant (50yr). Not sure if Lowe's has it but for sure McClendan's on Canyon does. Just make sure you read the back for the food safe stuff. Better than GE's stuff.

We will be drilling one hole on the right side of the tank and one on the back side inside the overflow box for a dual one inch overflow one lower and one taller (herbie style)
NO HOLES ON THE BOTTOM.
and one hole in the center in the back for the return line!

Tank is looking really good! DAP 100% Silicone rubber sealant (50yr). Not sure if Lowe's has it but for sure McClendan's on Canyon does. Just make sure you read the back for the food safe stuff. Better than GE's stuff.

I may go there tomorrow morning.. ALL the structural stuff is done . now it's just the cosmetic stuff...

BTW what is the best way to take the little film from silicone off the glass for painting and stuff?!?!?
No matter how much I rub and wipe it wont come off UUUGGGGG

I may go there tomorrow morning.. ALL the structural stuff is done . now it's just the cosmetic stuff...

BTW what is the best way to take the little film from silicone off the glass for painting and stuff?!?!?
No matter how much I rub and wipe it wont come off UUUGGGGG

I'd let it be for another 24 hours or so it will cure and than easily come off with a razor blade. If it doesn't acetone should work well.

Back