• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Customer Appreciation Sale 2012

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I came in with Natalia this morning at 11am... What amazing stuff!!! I love everything I got and thank you so much for a great sale!!!

You are all welcome! Thanks to everyone for making today a fantastic start to the sale. We really appreciate all the support.

Eddie, if you come in you'll get 30% off the regular price of $19.99. You'd be paying around $13. Still a great deal!

Oh I know its a screaming deal. I really want to come up but of course I'm stuck at work. I might be able to sneak away for a little. But if I drove 20 miles each way and no rics I'd be super bummed.

Thanks once again guys! Great sale with great people.

Cy, your Pm box if full :)

sry to throw out a negative here but, am curious if anyone experinced deaths of sand sifting gobies. I watched a buddies hit the water and die like an unaclimated shrimp and after acclimating mine properly and seeing him sift sand 5 min later....and dig a hole overnight. Dead this afternoon. any thoughts if an elegance coral or frogspawn could have got him...or maze brain...fighting conch....cleaner or shrimp, emerald crab...mp40? the tank wasn't covered till I got home so I suppose he may have been flopping around by the halides for a bit before finding his way back in the water.

Took my wife today, I was planning on getting one fish. She bought 4 Bangaii Cardinals and a Royal Gramma. I just about had a freekin heart attack. I said I don't know who you are and what did you do with my wife? She told me to shut up and enjoy the new fish, so I knew it was her.

Thanks guys, I (my wife) bought 4 Bangaii Cardinals and one Royal Gramma. They are in quarantine right now but will be a beautiful addition to my tank. Your guy, (he had on a black shirt and a black hat), he was very helpful. I told him what I had and he told me what not to get and made suggestions as what would work in my tank. I love them, I will be excited to see them in the display. Thanks for a great sale.

What a great sale! Cy had to carry my box out. I managed to find space for all I bought. Well...okay I had set up a frag rack (lol). Thanks Barrier!

sry to throw out a negative here but, am curious if anyone experinced deaths of sand sifting gobies. I watched a buddies hit the water and die like an unaclimated shrimp and after acclimating mine properly and seeing him sift sand 5 min later....and dig a hole overnight. Dead this afternoon. any thoughts if an elegance coral or frogspawn could have got him...or maze brain...fighting conch....cleaner or shrimp, emerald crab...mp40? the tank wasn't covered till I got home so I suppose he may have been flopping around by the halides for a bit before finding his way back in the water.

i did measure ther salinity when i got gome they are running hypo salinity. so i took extra long to aclimate my fish but was eating about 30 after placeing in tank verry happy so id say he didnt do a proper aclimation.

i did measure ther salinity when i got gome they are running hypo salinity. so i took extra long to aclimate my fish but was eating about 30 after placeing in tank verry happy so id say he didnt do a proper aclimation.

Not "Hypo" in the sense that most folks will think of. That is traditionally considered 1.010-1.011. Our fish system usually ranges from 1.018-1.021. Many of our suppliers keep their systems at 1.017 so we shoot for the middle of what they use, and what our customers most likely have, to ease the transition through the supply chain.

Sand Sifting Gobies are notorious for being sensitive. I've seen them have what seems to be a stress induced stroke, spasm, and die, just from being caught and bagged. They are also known to try jumping, smash their head's into glass lids, and do damage that leads to death.

Your Elegance is capable of stinging, grabbing, and eating fish. Sometimes they spit the fish out unconsumed. Its not super common though.

If you have a body and water sample we can test, we are happy to issue a credit, if your water tests ok. We offer full credit if the fish died during the first 24 hours and half credit during the second 24 hours. If you have problems outside 48 hours we are happy to discuss the circumstances and consider each case individually.

Last edited:
What a great sale! Cy had to carry my box out. I managed to find space for all I bought. Well...okay I had set up a frag rack (lol). Thanks Barrier!

Ha! I had an appointment on Friday and also left with a full box and a couple of bags of live food and dry goods. I did a very slow acclimation with everything and it's all looking great and active. I didn't get a frag rack but quickly realized I needed one and picked one up today.

I just came back up and got one of the last $10 acans and a sweet zoa frag for $15 total! Pretty happy on that. More of the cheap frags need to keep happening. It's nice to save some money in an expensive hobby.

dangit no more acans? Anything left in the $5-$10 range?

I showed up kinda late in the game but still left satisfied! I wen home with 4 new corals at a good price! Also it wasnt as hot! LOL

When I was there there was one acan left for $10. It was white and green. Not very colorful but still a good deal at $10. Someone was eyeing it but I didn't see if they bought it or not.

I was back again today right at opening and snagged a bunch of $5 and $10 frags which resulted into having to pick up another frag rack. I also grabbed an acan that I'd wished I'd bought on Friday. While I was waiting to check out, the pull of the last Meteor Shower they had sucked me in and I left with it too. Good stuff!

I was back again today right at opening and snagged a bunch of $5 and $10 frags which resulted into having to pick up another frag rack. I also grabbed an acan that I'd wished I'd bought on Friday. While I was waiting to check out, the pull of the last Meteor Shower they had sucked me in and I left with it too. Good stuff!

So you bought all the acans.... :(

Back