DA Reef Keeper Elite

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Got to see it in action and definitely voted! What do you think though of what one of the posters added about using different metals(i.e. not copper)?

Its definately a fun toy. Jan is usning it to kill majano's this week.

I think that using different metals would be fine, but I can't think of any readily available small guage wiring for dirt cheap.

For me, the copper isnt a worry at all. I only burn off 1/4" off wire on one side (typically it loses its strength because its thin and not totally disolved and I cut it off) after about six uses, or 20 aptasia. I only use it every other month to kill four or five of them and do a 20% WC monthly. OK so lets say 10% to be realistic. So, 10% WC's over a years time is 120% clean water for my total volume for a quarter of an inch of wire that became thin. To me its negligable.
For someone with a 40 breeder going on a rampage and killing 40 aptasia, I'd be just as worried about the massive spike in nutrients from killing so many pests than I would the copper. I'd recommend a big WC anyway.

Heck yeah! Are you telling us you are not in the lead:shock:?

I dont know as the results are hidden. All I know is that when I log into the portal page here on RF I see over 50 local names I know at any given time. They all havent posted here, so I have to assume they havent voted for me.

If I gave everyone a frag do you think they will vote. Heck I have 100 frags right now.

Nevermind I can just sell them for $5 each and buy a new controller outright. Then I wouldnt have to have 100 people over to my house for a single frag. Bad idea....

Got my Vote :0) But you're going to have to show me that thing in action. I seem to remember you and I talking about it before.

Cheers,
Alex

You got my vote Duane. You'll have to let me borrow that zapper some time. I had great success with a raccoon butterfly. He decimated all majanos and aiptasia...and then he turned on my large derasa and various SPS. I had to get rid of him, but it took 3 weeks to catch him. Within weeks of removal, the aiptasia started appearing again, but I haven't seen any majano since.

Marty (Finn) was asking me if I was going to be building one any time soon. It theres enough interest I'll go into a mass production of a bunch of theses. It cost $30 (at the most) to build one from scratch. To me, its a tool that I will always keep around and will likely last me the life of my hobby.

One of the real nice things for me is, I dont have to climb on my ladder or get may hands wet to kill aptasias.

Boy I sure hope to win. Thanks for all the support.

My vote is in! Good luck. I sent this link to my brother who is an electrician and he loves it anything thay uses electricity and shocks.

I lost it by one vote. 22 to 21. Too bad for me
Thank you for all of your support.

Ugg that sucks Duane, so close :(. I'll likely upgrade to that unit down the road. I have an RKL now.

awesome thread when ya wanna come over and help me kill about 100 of there things before i just pour a gallon of muratic acid in my tank and start over.. i have spent over 300 in bergia and nothing helped....
chris 425-387-3230

awesome thread when ya wanna come over and help me kill about 100 of there things before i just pour a gallon of muratic acid in my tank and start over.. i have spent over 300 in bergia and nothing helped....
chris 425-387-3230

I can promise, if you build one of these and kill 10-15 a day for a week followed with a big WC you 'll have most of them gone without even getting your hands wet.

Back