Darko's Tank 46g Bow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SeattlesDarko

REEFER...
Ok so a little background about I have posted this on another forums but since this is the one I am on the most I thought I would post here too. About year ago I decided I was going to get a reef tank, luckily I got rear ended and was able to buy my first tank because really that back mark on my bumper is not a big deal... It wasn't much it was a 37g tank power compact lights. Nothing great.

IMG_4815-1.jpg

That as good for 2 weeks...then I started looking more, and found a deal I couldn't pas up. 46g Bow custom cabinet/hood HOB CPR Fuge, Seaclone skimmer Coralife pro 150W MH, I was at the right place at the right time...

DSCN0285.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

When I got it I refinished the cabinet because it was an ugly light oak not going to look good in my house color...I wanted to put a sump in and luckily the cabinet was built with that in mind! So I added a 20L sump/return/fuge. I have also added Kalk drip unit and currently changing to BRS 2part w/ mag solutions. I updated the skimmer to an Octopus skimmer NW110. My fuge has a florescent bulb that I run 24/7 its nothing special DSB with chato LR I am going to be putting some mangroves in there soon, anyone know where I can get some locally?

DSC_0034.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

I am using a Mag 3 return pump it is turned down a bit now, but I will be adding a BRS GFO/carbon reactor off of it, and one day pump it up to a sea swirl or something. But that is down the line, I will probably have to add a 2nd overflow and then I will be able to get rid of some power heads. When I did the plumbing I made it very easy to pipe things off of the return with the intent of adding things later.

Life stock, I did put the contents of my first tank in to this one, I did take a hammer to that huge ugly rock, best thing I ever did if you ask me! after transferring everything I found PSAS, just in time for the yearly 'pay it forward' frag swap. I also won quite a door prize of a brand new 48in 8bulb t-5's. Luckily with trading the HOB fuge and the T-5's that is how I got the majority of my livestock! Here is my list (If I have the names wrong let me know)

Fish
1-6 LN Wrasse # 2 (RIP #1)
IMG_0719.jpg

1-Fire Fish (red/orange)
IMG_0575.jpg

1-PJ Cardinal
DSC_0176.jpg

1-Lawnmower Blenny
IMG_0634.jpg

1-Mandrin
IMG_0705.jpg

DSC_0021-1.jpg

Corals
Acan
IMG_1740.jpg

3-ricordea
IMG_1336.jpg

Green Mushrooms / Red Mushrooms
IMG_1380.jpg

Green Furry Mushroom

Dendro
IMG_9451.jpg

Sun Coral
DSC_0002_3-1.jpg

Cup Coral? Is that right?
IMG_1506.jpg

Finger leather
pj.jpg

Duncan Colony +1 Frag
DSC_0101_2_2.jpg

Green Candy Cane Colony +1 Frag
DSC_0221_2.jpg

Red candy cane
IMG_1515.jpg

Hydrophora
IMG_1721.jpg

Birds Nest
IMG_1791.jpg

6 Unknown SPS

Last edited:
Looking good...
The pic labled "Cup Coral?" is correct. Pectina to be exact. It looks awful familiar to me. Do you remember where you got it?

Since it came from there. Sure was. It was a frag that came up form Cali with me four years ago.

one of the SPS is a setosa and one is the seattle sparkler (those are the two I remember trading with you).

Tank looks great! Nice work.

I added a new carbon/GFO reactor from BRS to my tank, I have had one for a long time that didn't fit in my stand so never hooked it up. I live in an apt and things outside of the stand just are not an option for me so it makes things hard at times. I also added a RKL with a the PH/Sinlity module... I have been using API test switching to elos as they run out well my PH is still API and they suck. My PH was 8.2 with the API test and 7.8 after calibrating the probe 3 times. I am picking up the elos test soon, for a back up. I also got a new heater I have had 3 heaters break in the past 3 months all just stopped working nothing bad ever happened so I have been playing with fire, I got a new titanium heater... With that, the RKL has a temp and my one little temp prob I had been using I have all spread out through the system and they only vary about 1 degree, I was kind of surprised by that.

IMG_4530.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4546.jpg

DSC_7115-1.jpg

DSC_8607-1.jpg

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

Last edited:
Back