Different Planaria treatment

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I just read this entire thread with interest. It outlines the use of Levasol, which is a pig de-worming medication, for in-tank treatment of Planaria. According to the thread, it's much more effective and less expensive than FWE. Anyone else have any experience with this? Anyone have any comments after reading the thread?

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1379099&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

I've been very interested in trying it (but then my 6-line seems to have decimated the beginning population in my frag tank)

One thing I noticed was that it's out of stock from most, if not all of the online feed stores. Let us know if you find a local, or online source. I'd like to have some on-hand for the next time they show up.

I used Levamisole in a QT tank to try and rid corals of Acro eating flatworms. The corals ended up not making it, but it seemed to work in getting the AEFWs off the coral. I've never used it against the red planarian flatwoarms, so I can't comment on its effectiveness.

Back