Disaster...Again

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tava716 said:
Ed Hahn is right Nikki. I make mine for about $10.00. (The gate valve was $6.00). Here is a pic of it on my ASM skimmer. it is not a very good angle. I will try and get a better one tonight.

where did you get the gate valve for $6???

How come I find these things out so late.....As always let me know if there is anything I can do to help Nikki. Im right around the corner and can get in your way with the best of them :lol:

Willy said:
How come I find these things out so late.....As always let me know if there is anything I can do to help Nikki. Im right around the corner and can get in your way with the best of them :lol:

I'll take you up on that Scott with my next disaster :D. I pay in beverages and food....either bought or homemade :)

Thanks for the kind words Gabby!

NaH2O said:
I'll take you up on that Scott with my next disaster :D. I pay in beverages and food....either bought or homemade :)

Thanks for the kind words Gabby!

I'm in, I just need the beverages. After all is done of coarse. :D

Well, I had reported only the loss of my large long spined urchin in the ordeal of tearing down and setting up again. But, here I am 4 weeks later and I've now lost 6 SPS (RTN)....including my favorite table . I'm not sure if its related to the tear down and set-up, but thought I'd add it to the great luck I seem to have . The latest coral to go was the first acro I introduced, a tri color that's been with me for over a year. So goes the continued "hands-on" learning experiences..... .

I'm speechless:( :( :( :(

Hi Nikki,
Very sorry to hear about your challenges :(
I wish I lived closer. Keep your spirits up and your tank will be everything you want it to be and you will end up being an expert plumber, electrician, and engineer :)

Best regards,
Kevin

Thanks Kevin! I am trying very hard to keep my spirits up. It wasn't so bad when the corals were doing fine, but now I'm being challenged to keep my chin up.

Well...another SPS is biting the dust, and I'm about to go and frag the heck out of it to try and salvage at least a portion, however small that might be. I still have a few of my favorites hanging in there, without any signs of RTN. Thankfully one colony that I lost, I happened to have a very small frag that broke off during the tear down. That piece also seems fine so far.

Keep you all updated!

Back