DIY Starfire rimless tank help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

zachrabbit15

Help please. Looking to build a new tank to replace a older custom glass tank. Old tank was 22" square and 28" tall. I want to replace it due to the glass is cloudy and the joints are not square (bought it that way). What I'm looking to build is a 22" cube (46 gallon) or maybe bump it up to 24" tall. I have never build a glass tank and have a few questions.

Where do you find Starfire Glass cut to size and beveled? I'm located in Snohomish WA.

What is the best silicone to use for assembly?

Thanks for any help!!

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!! True on both counts Skimmy. Thank you.

We can build it or you can buy the glass and build it yourself if you like. We can also supply the silicone if you want to do the DIY thing. I will shoot you a PM with my cell phone if you want to call and talk about it.

Eric

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

i love the guys down at OBD. they were among the first to help me take the plunge into saltwater. some of the nicest people you will ever meet. i dont even think they are in it for the money but to help every1 with aquariums. just dont get in the way of beccas football. lol go hawks

Help please. Looking to build a new tank to replace a older custom glass tank. Old tank was 22" square and 28" tall. I want to replace it due to the glass is cloudy and the joints are not square (bought it that way). What I'm looking to build is a 22" cube (46 gallon) or maybe bump it up to 24" tall. I have never build a glass tank and have a few questions.

Where do you find Starfire Glass cut to size and beveled? I'm located in Snohomish WA.

What is the best silicone to use for assembly?

Thanks for any help!!

There are a few very important issues when building a glass tank.
If you have not done it in the past, you will need to do a huge amount of research. Most of the You-Tube info is crap!!!
The risk of your first DIY cube spilling water in your house is very very real.
IMO it would be good money spent to have a Pro build your cube

I must Agree with Peppie!! I have had a seem burst on a 120gallon tank. The risk of a seem failing is very Real! I would only trust a quality builder when it comes to Tank Building. It's heartbreaking to see your Piece of the Ocean come crashing down. OBD can get you taken care of.

Back