Diy three ten

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hold on Kevin hasn't pout any fish in yet. The fish he has have been QTd. His 120 I belive is a qt at the moment.

He is rolling the dice (as many of us have in the past)
. Been there done that and not doing it again...case in point FOR QT..the golden butterflies I got from LA were from divers den..well after a week they have ich so I am retreating them with copper..if I would have just acclimate and put in main tank, all my prize angels would have been affected...it is not worth the risk IMO.

Hold on Kevin hasn't pout any fish in yet. The fish he has have been QTd. His 120 I belive is a qt at the moment.

You are absolutely right Matt, Kevin has not yet added fish to his 300. And you are right that he is using his 120 as "temp QT"
Although (IMO) his 120 is not even close to fitting the definition of a QT.

. Been there done that and not doing it again...case in point FOR QT..the golden butterflies I got from LA were from divers den..well after a week they have ich so I am retreating them with copper..if I would have just acclimate and put in main tank, all my prize angels would have been affected...it is not worth the risk IMO.

Sorry to hear your BF have the MI.
Glad to hear you are prepared.
We are on the same page, wont add fish until I (MYSELF) have followed a QT process

Thanks Shawn,
I get a lot of feedback about my triangles. There are light, sturdy, durable, and very handy for more than just acrylic work.

Dave,

saw the tank on the other thread..looks good...

BTW, 2 of my 3 golden BFs died over night....very weird, as they were eating out of my hand the night before...amazing how fast the parasite moved..

thankfully, DD gave me a full refund credit for both fish....

Dave,

saw the tank on the other thread..looks good...

BTW, 2 of my 3 golden BFs died over night....very weird, as they were eating out of my hand the night before...amazing how fast the parasite moved..

thankfully, DD gave me a full refund credit for both fish....

Kirk,
that sucks dude
Glad you will be able toreplace them at no additional cost.

Dave,

it does suck, but they were in QT and not in main tank and was able to get full refund...so softens the blow alittle..but dang a trio of goldens did look sweet...i did read an article on wetwebmedia and appears ich and brooknellia are common for golden bfs...so i dont think i will be replacing them...just going to hold out for a personifier, emperor and queen and then call it good.

very cool build. cant wait to see this tank up and running. keep up the good work. keep the pictures coming

very cool build. cant wait to see this tank up and running. keep up the good work. keep the pictures coming

Thanks reefman,

I will throw ya a few more pics,
I have been working on an internal overflow design. I dont want to permanently attach any thing to the sides of this 310.
Of course I have moched up the weir part of this system with wood.
This is what I have come up with (subject to change)

Not sure about the drain line size, or amount, yet. There will be another internal overflow system located else where in the tank

The egg create will be covered with gutter guard. For the fact that there will be NO TEETH on the weir.

Not sure if this overflow weir is tall enough, I may increase the over all height by 3/4'' -1''

WOW awesome job, I can't believe I almost missed this page. From what I see, and have heard you do awesome things.
This overflow design you've came up with is pretty cool also. Obviously it will be acrylic and not wood, correct?
I love the shape of it, and it'd be really sweet to have in both corners! Cannot wait to see the future pictures.
Good job again!

Steven

WOW awesome job, I can't believe I almost missed this page. From what I see, and have heard you do awesome things.
This overflow design you've came up with is pretty cool also. Obviously it will be acrylic and not wood, correct?
I love the shape of it, and it'd be really sweet to have in both corners! Cannot wait to see the future pictures.
Good job again!

Steven

Thanks Steven,
I am glad you found this thread, The Title is not very eye catching. LOL
Yes it finale weir will be acrylic. Sometimes it is best to build a proto type to see if it will have the potential to work as planned. It also helps me get feed back from others. ( could you imagine trying to explain this without a pic?) LOL
You stopped by just in time. Up until now the build has been pretty standard, cut and dry aquarium build.
We are now ready to get into the "Peppie" part of the build. Same old theory, different approach.
If I can pull this off, most will be looking to find where the water is exiting the tank.

Here is the start to the plumbing coming out of the weir. There will be some bends in the pipes before they reaches the bottom, where each set will T into a 1 1/2'' line and exit the bottom of the tank thru a 1 1/2'' bulkhead.

One set is for the main drain, and the other set is for the emerg.
There will be another 2 sets of these pipes located else where in the tank, (Not sure where yet)
That will give me approx 3600-3800gph overflow volume and the same amount for the emerg.

Im just blown away by this... I love the whole idea love the shape and corner overflows and the euro brace :D
Wish I could have one :D Save the blue prints haha

That's why women quiver when you walk into a room:) I am liking your overflow shape and yes tests show exposure to mass amounts of acrylic shavings has caused idea overloads and sudden diarrhea.......:hippie:

That's why women quiver when you walk into a room:) I am liking your overflow shape and yes tests show exposure to mass amounts of acrylic shavings has caused idea overloads and sudden diarrhea.......:hippie:

LOL Spinner,
I admit that I some times get idea overloads, but I havent yet eaten enough of the shavings to send me running to the throne.

Peppie/Spinner, can we **can** this *****ty* conversation and talk more about the tank design.. LOL LOL LOL

Back