Diy three ten

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

All that skill and still haven't mastered the broom. :) Look great, gunna be a nice tank.

Don

Tagging along and taking notes. Thanks for sharing the progress Dave

It is a good idea to take notes. There will be a 20 page test when all is said and done.
Hang in there is will take awhile.
You may need to get some more pencils and a ream of paper.

All that skill and still haven't mastered the broom. :) Look great, gunna be a nice tank.

Don

WOW!!!
DON WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???
Thanks for looking in on my build. I must admit my broom skills are not what they should be. Maybe you could stop by and show me a few needed tips??

Finished up the internal weir.
Have to give thanks to "Gryphon" The acrylic 120 he gave me produced the 3/8'' material that was used for this weir build.
I changed the dimensions from the moch up, I made it deeper, wider, longer, That covers it "Its Bigger"

Sitting on top the euro, just so you can see the design

Round over on the lips, both front and back

Down inside

I will be able to get inside of the weir

Yard stick for reference

This is so cool, I can get IN my tank to take a pic of something IN my tank LOL

So I needed to figure out how to see my plumbing in place, without really doing the plumbing.
First I need a starting point. I decided to use 1 1/2'' lines for the drains and the emerg.
Drilled some holes for uniseals in the bottom of the weir

Lets see..... what do I have that is about 1 1/2''in diam., needs to be flexible, but yet hold its shape? I got nothin.
A little rootin around in the shop and garage, and I came up with this.
3/4'' foam backing rod, tie wire, and some tape.

Peerrrrfact!!

This will save a huge amount of time.
After about 10 mins of bending and snipping this is what I came up with
for the shape of the drain lines

I have to be sure I miss the framing members on the stand before I drill the bottom

Are you using 1 1/2" flex pvc in your tank? Should be fine if you want to.......Before drilling bottom I would think about how the behind overflow pipes will look/work? You wouldn't want a big can't reach dead spot behind plumbing/rock structure? I know you goy it just throwing thinking questions out there:) Digging your over flow "The Acrylic Whiskers" is it:gossip:

I am considering using the flex for the interior plumbing. I think I can zip tie it to egg crate to keep the form I need.

I will have a lock line nozzle directed towards the dead spot behind the plumbing wall. Not sure yet if I will conceal the back of the plumbing pipe. Room behind the pipe needs to be enough to run an algae magnet between it and the back/side of the tank.

Thanks for throwing things at me, never know when I have a brain fart going with some of these situations.

This overflow system is very simple compared to the "other one" going on the opposite side of the tank

Here is a moch-up of my moch-up.
Looks like the flex pipe, zip tied to a sheet of acrylic is going to work just fine.

I will use 1/4'' acrylic sheet and then trim it to shape

Back