Do you feed Raw Tiger Shrimp/Prawns

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Do you feed thawed, raw Tiger shrimp/prawns?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • No, I don't.

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elmo18

Clownfish
I thought I'd start a small poll. Just curious if you feed raw thawed Tiger shrimp/prawns you get at the supermarket/grocery store to YOUR FISH(ES).

THIS IS THE STUFF YOU GET ALREADY DEAD FROZEN/THAWED on ICE stuff. TAILS, HEADS already cut off.

Best,
Ilham

Last edited:
feed them to who?
the husband? hmmm he doesn't even notice what i put in his food so yeah he could eat them :lol: :lol: .
Other than that i have never feed my fishes that stuff but i could give it a try i guess :p.

Not very frequently due to not having them around often, but I've never had any trouble from tossing a 1 or 2 in at time. The anemonies REALLY like them. My dads trigger and puffer used to go nuts if you held one near the side of the tank.

If you're talking about whole, marine shrimp (heads, guts, etc.) then yes. But if you're talking about freshwater or just the tails of saltwater shrimp, then no.

Our fishes are meant to eat whole foods, not tails or pieces of fish flesh. A diet of tails will eventually lead to their slow death because fish flesh does not contain all the nutrients the fishes need. For more info on feeding fish and nutrition, check this out in Reefland.com:
http://www.reefland.com/forum/marin...18767-feeding-marine-fish-fish-nutrition.html

Hey Elmo, i feed my prawns and anemome tiger shrimp..how ever i used to feed my arrowana local caught prawns(here comes the story) have you ever put a big fish 2'6'' in a rubbermaid tub and driven it 20 miles to a vet?? i did, we put him to nappy time and scoped his gut, nothing,we xrayed him and posted it to the vets private sites and came back with flukes,treated it and all is fine..moral of the story is tiger prawns are flash frozen at sea or pond side for human consumption this kills 98% of parasites and is why we can eat sushi local stuff goes in a bucket till it gets home to the freezer

Hi Ilham I to buy the Tiger shrimp/prawns when I can get them I cut them into cubes and soak them in selcon and feed them to my Entacmaea quadricolor and my Macrodactyla doreensis I also feed smaller pieces to my Pistol Shrimps ( To all 4 species I have) I have a hard time will My Tang stealing it so I have to be the Tough clown to get them to stay away till it is consumed. :0 Good Poll Ilham! thanks for thinking about it.
F.W.I.W. I rotate Scallops, Tiger shrimp/prawns & Pacific Coast LINGCOD MMMM ;)

Just an update...

just wanted to make sure that please vote "Yes" if you feeed it at anytime at least once a week.

Vote "No" if you don't feed it at "least" once per week.... (i.e. ify ou feed it once a month, vote No...)

Best,
Ilham

Back