Domino Damsel in a RBTA and BTA am I special?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Anarchy704

I have had 3 domino damsels in my reef tank for the 3 month duration and they constantly competed with my ocellaris clownfish for space in his GBTA or whitish BTA, but yesterday I got another RBTA to help supplement for the other clownfish I recently bought who had no space to stay and sleep in an anemone anyway and the domino damsels instantly went into the RBTA as soon as it had settled, mostly because of the lack of competition for the space though they are still lording over my other BTA as well. So anyway am I special are these wierd Domino damsels or is this a natural thing for domino damsels to do. I have not easy way to post picks don't have a charger for my digital camera but I have taken several shots with my phone to back up my wild claims. That is if there wild. :cool:

Clownfish are damsels. The are merely a different Genus in the Damsel family that has figured out that if you rub anemone mucus from its foot onto your body, the anemone doesn't know you are there....and therefore, you don't get eaten.

I've seen a few damsels do this before and I've seen Cardinalfish do this before too.

I have seen this fish in large public aquariums where they take up with an Anemone.

I've seen it in the wild while snorkeling. The act as clownfish surrogates sometimes

nick

Back