drilling glass question???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

newly reefer

im looking for a little bit of input on drilling glass. ive drilled holes in various types of tile and never had a problem, but glass is so much more fraile so with the reaserch ive done it looks simple enough. and has anyone thought of or used a drill press in the process of making these holes?

any input would be great!!

i have drilled several with just a corded hand drill. very easy to do. just go slow and take your time. dont let the glass get hot. I made a dam around where the hole is to be drilled and kept it filled with water or wd40. i used plumbers putty. hope this helps

yea ive seen a video on utube and the even put some ductape on the back half to keep it from shattering when it falls through.

i have drilled several with just a corded hand drill. very easy to do. just go slow and take your time. dont let the glass get hot. I made a dam around where the hole is to be drilled and kept it filled with water or wd40. i used plumbers putty. hope this helps

i was wanting to drill anover flow on the bottom and put up an acyrlic plate for the water to go through, do u have any suggestions or where i could find threads for this?

contact matt at CFI. I am sure he can build you and overflow box. He is currently building my new custom acrylic tank. check on the sponsors form for contact info. if not let me know and I can get you the number.

Back