DSB in a bucket

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

;)
Ok, I knew about NNR and buffering. The point of my question is, would I waste my 10 dollars in I connect RDSB, regarding to my parameters.

that question cannot be answered realistically since I have no way of knowing what your load will be in time. If your load gets heavier (likely) in time from lack of water changes, weak skimming, growing fishes, etc... then yes... the RDSB will help. If your paramters stay the same (very low nitrate) then no... the RDSB is but a small benefit.

For how cheap it is to install, easy to remove if needed, and how good the results are... it seems to me that it is worth experimenting with.

I'll might try. I needed at least small hope, and hope I'll be able to see some positive changes. tnx.

Update on my rdsb that has been running for a few months. My nitrates were 40, then I did alot of water changes to get it to 4 and really cleaned everything then it slowly raised to 8, so I knew I needed to do something to stop it. So I added the rdsb , did more water changes to get nitrates to about 3. Now after a few months of running nitrates are less then 1.

Back