• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

DUNCAN Frags!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sierra

We have a colony of Duncan Green Finger Corals (Duncanopsamia axifuga)coral that we are fraging polyp by polyp. The polyps are $20.00 per frag. We still have plenty availiable.

Last edited:
Duncan Green Finger Corals (Duncanopsamia axifuga)

Duncan Green Finger Corals (Duncanopsamia axifuga) is the latin name. You sould know that with the area you are in and the knowledge you seem to have.

Here's some pictures of a few of the ducan frags we have in stock.
Picture076.jpg

This particular duncan above isn't up for $20 a polyp. I put him up because he photographed so well.
Picture078.jpg

Picture082-1.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture083.jpg

Picture081.jpg

Last edited:
ow your talking about dasiy coral i can get u whole colony of that for 22bucks is it not very common? that stuffs everywhere over here

soooo let me get this strait......you mean to tell us that living in australia you can go and get a coral that is endemic to the area more readily then us here in the states................umph......who woulda thought??....................also daisy coral/daisy polyp, at least here in the states, isnt the same as duncanopsammia. here daisy coral can be applied to several corals............goniopora/alveopora, clavularia, and sometime anthelia just to name a couple. common are so great are they not???

p.s: speaking of latin names.....whats the latin name for your daisy coral???? that would be nice........

Last edited:
whats a sockeye??
scientific name is Duncamopsammia axifuga

i dont think there endmic to australia because im pretty sure my lfs owner collects them and we get them in from the GBR
i have never bought one because i see them all the time even the crappest fish shop that i know of stocks them they sell them dead cheap but quality can be a bit of an issue
i dont know why u guys pay so much for your lps i have said it before i think your all getting ripped off i almost fell off my chair when i found out my ancanthaster is worth 700buck in america is laughable to think i only payed 22 bucks for it
now im finding out what all u guys prize as rareitys i will have to go and buy the nice ones i can find so everyone can see some ozzy eye candy

you are right in that they arn't truely endemic, they are found outside of australian waters....yet you collect them from gbr.....i'm assuming you use the same abbreviation the we do gbr=great barrier reef. soooo therefore you can go and collect them w/o the several hundered dollar plane ticket. i mean really..................you can't understand why we pay sooo much for corals??? anything we get from other areas of the world have to be......what do you call it..........oh yeah.....shipped, by plane or container ship. which last i checked cost money. i'm not sure about australia but i'm assuming that things you have to import cost a bit more then items you can go and harvest/produce domestically. thats like me raggin' on you because you have to pay $150 for a i love seattle t-shirt when i can go and get one for $15-20. i would be curious to know how much you guys have to pay for queen, french and passer angels, blue spot and pearly jawfish.that would be a pretty fair comparison, seeing as how the carribean and sea of cortez would be analogous to the gbr, i'm thinking you probably pay more then we do..............................

i agree that $20 is a bit high.....but not that bad......concidering i know of atleast one wholesaler whose cost is $20 per polyp.....retail for those would be $40-60.................................

Come on guys, this is a paid sponsor's site.

Nobody has to buy them but he has the right to make a living and posted nothing that was less than accurate plus he added pictures. I appreciate the effort made for full disclosure from a reputable LRS who gives better than average service with good corals.

Back